UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

6 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I just felt like coming and throwing out a little crap.:P

I still believe Shurmur has the ability to get a team somewhere. At least a playoff team if he can actually go somewhere is a little bit of talent where he can call the plays and actually run the offense.

He had nothing in St. Louis, nothing in Cleveland, didn't do any of the playcalling in Philly until Chip left, and that was the best the offense looked all year and still wasn't his scheme or playbook.

His first year he took the Vikings offense from nothing, to a top 10 offense with a 3rd string QB and back-up level runningbacks.

What he really will always need tho is a solid defense behind his gameplan and scheme, without it, teams won't ever win. I agree with you on that.

This is WAR!!!

poo-throw.gif

Watching Sportscenter last night, they had Louis Riddick and a couple others on to rank the job openings. They had the bears 6/6 in list of most attractive destinations.

Which led me to think. Are we just delusional or does the vast majority of the national media just not know anything about the bears?

Well... they went on to say that the bears "had a couple of guys to build around on defense" and then proceeded to name Prince Amukamara and DT59 and that was it. No mention of Floyd..Goldman..Hicks, Fuller. It was an absolutely pathetic segment. 

Like I said. It made me wonder whether we are somewhat delusional and overrate the job or the fact that national media just doesn't know much regarding the team. I think it's the latter.

35 minutes ago, 10Gawd said:

Watching Sportscenter last night, they had Louis Riddick and a couple others on to rank the job openings. They had the bears 6/6 in list of most attractive destinations.

Which led me to think. Are we just delusional or does the vast majority of the national media just not know anything about the bears?

Well... they went on to say that the bears "had a couple of guys to build around on defense" and then proceeded to name Prince Amukamara and DT59 and that was it. No mention of Floyd..Goldman..Hicks, Fuller. It was an absolutely pathetic segment. 

Like I said. It made me wonder whether we are somewhat delusional and overrate the job or the fact that national media just doesn't know much regarding the team. I think it's the latter.

Mainstream media has long been lazy with their Bears narratives. That said, it’s up to the team to change that.  

This interview schedule is looking weird

Thu-Edwards

Fri-Shurmur

Fri-McDaniels

Sat-DeFilippo

They haven’t actually formallung requested an interview with Wilkes.

Snowstorm on the East Coast will make it interesting. Not sure how you do an interview in Min and Boston on the same day.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Mainstream media has long been lazy with their Bears narratives. That said, it’s up to the team to change that.  

I find it odd that Riddick would say that considering that he is always talked about as some up and coming GM candidate. He should know better than to list Amukamara and Trevethan as the only two standouts on the Bears defense.  Lazy is right. Bears never get any respect.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Thu-Edwards

Fri-Shurmur

Fri-McDaniels

Sat-DeFilippo

Snowstorm on the East Coast will make it interesting. Not sure how you do an interview in Min and Boston on the same day.

Minnesota and Boston aren't that far by plane. Plus with other teams interested in the services of these coaches sometimes you gotta just take what you can get as far as scheduling goes.

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I find it odd that Riddick would say that considering that he is always talked about as some up and coming GM candidate. He should know better than to list Amukamara and Trevethan as the only two standouts on the Bears defense.  Lazy is right. Bears never get any respect.

Riddick didn’t get to speak about the bears in time. I was hoping he did. It was actually Josina Anderson that said that. I was hoping Riddick got to speak about the job because he’s actually been a big fan of Trubisky throughout everything, but the segment ended before he got to speak on it.

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Thu-Edwards

Fri-Shurmur

Fri-McDaniels

Sat-DeFilippo

I would expect to see Nagy and Wilkes on Monday...I also expect this to be the 6 guys we interview...probably 3 for a 2nd interview and an announcement by the end of next week.

20 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I would expect to see Nagy and Wilkes on Monday...I also expect this to be the 6 guys we interview...probably 3 for a 2nd interview and an announcement by the end of next week.

Assuming the guy we wants advances - we might not get a second interview until the end of Jan. 

8 minutes ago, Mudderfudder77 said:

Assuming the guy we wants advances - we might not get a second interview until the end of Jan. 

I highly doubt we would wait on someone that long...if it got to the stage of wanting a 2nd interview with a guy I would expect that franchise to honour that.

David Kaplan

Here is a great piece of intel: Source close to Matt Nagy tells @ESPN1000 that Nagy loved Trubisky in 2017 NFL Draft and the Chiefs loved him. Nagy has stayed close to him during this season. Nagy believes you can win big with Trubisky.

The Andy Ried coaching tree gives me the tingles.

This is his 2001 staff

Inspired by @olin_kreutz, the 2001 #Eagles Coaching Staff:
Andy Reid (HC)
Brad Childress (QB)
Pat Shurmur (TE)
Jim Johnson (DC)
Ron Rivera (LB)
Steve Spagnuolo (DB)
Leslie Frazier (DB)
Sean McDermott (ASST.)
John Harbaugh (ST)
Dave Toub (ST)

Something that's a little concerning, McDaniels was seen as the leading candidate for the 49ers job when he abruptly withdrew his name from consideration the week of the AFC Championship game. If we were to wait on him and all the other candidates sign elsewhere, then McD withdraws himself, it would leave us up a creek. 

It was reported on Jan 18, more than 2 weeks before the SB, that Dan Quinn had agreed in principle with ATL to be their HC. So it's certainly possible something like that can happen whether it's McDaniels or Shurmur. 

This process should be interesting.

Archived