Where does Kevin Durant go?

brownie man

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How does moving Kyrie for nothing in return help them make the playoffs exactly?

That move by itself?  Nothing.  But potentially as apart of another deal.  Let's take your deal and simplify it.

Brooklyn Nets Receive:
'23 FRP Pick Swap (via LAL, after New Orleans)
'24/'25 FRP Pick Swap (via LAL, after New Orleans defers or doesn't defer)
'26 Pick Swap (via LAL)
'28 Pick Swap (via LAL)

Los Angeles Lakers Receive:
PG Kyrie Irving
SG Josh Richardson

San Antonio Spurs Receive:
PG Russell Westbrook
'27 FRP (via LAL, Top 3 Protected)

In that particular deal, the Nets get a giant $36.9M TPE which gives the Nets a TON of flexibility to add more players without having to give up any picks.  That combined with a potential Kevin Durant deal would give the Nets a HUGE TPE and a TON of draft picks to maneuver with.  If you're able to make the BKN/PHX/UTA deal work where Donovan Mitchell and Mykal Bridges comes to Brooklyn as well as a ton of picks and you have that cap flexibility to add to that core.  That's probably a fringe playoff team, and you've got a TON of flexibility to make moves beyond that.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

In that particular deal, the Nets get a giant $36.9M TPE which gives the Nets a TON of flexibility to add more players without having to give up any picks.  That combined with a potential Kevin Durant deal would give the Nets a HUGE TPE and a TON of draft picks to maneuver with.  If you're able to make the BKN/PHX/UTA deal work where Donovan Mitchell and Mykal Bridges comes to Brooklyn as well as a ton of picks and you have that cap flexibility to add to that core.  That's probably a fringe playoff team, and you've got a TON of flexibility to make moves beyond that.

If they're trading for Donovan they also have to find a third team to take Ben Simmons and likely will have to attach picks to move him. Not to mention basically all the draft capital that they'd be getting from Phoenix would be rerouted to Utah. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I don't think the team with the #1 pick adds Durant and becomes an instant contender.

Not to mention why would someone who 100% can get Victor trade potentially 10+ years of a supposed GOAT level talent for 3 years of KD?

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If they're trading for Donovan they also have to find a third team to take Ben Simmons and likely will have to attach picks to move him. Not to mention basically all the draft capital that they'd be getting from Phoenix would be rerouted to Utah. 

I thought that original rumor was that Simmons would end up in Utah.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I thought that original rumor was that Simmons would end up in Utah.

It was, along with Ayton, but reportedly we have no interest in Ayton, he's likely headed to Indiana. Donovan and the team were reportedly meeting early today and then it came out that he's not going to ask for a trade and we've shut down discussions with other teams. 

4 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Suns: KD + Capela

Nets: Collins + Bridges + AJ Griffith + 23’ 1st + 25’ 1st + 27’ 1st + 29’ 1st

Hawks: Ayton + Saric+ Shamet

Griffin/Collins for Ayton/Saric/Shamet when they still have Clint, ew, lol.

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Griffin/Collins for Ayton/Saric/Shamet when they still have Clint, ew, lol.

Are you not seeing Capela to Phx or you don’t think they’d get rid of him?  With Murray and Hunter needing new deals within two years I think they’d swap the Collins/Capela contracts for Ayton.

Just now, DirtyDez said:

Are you not seeing Capela to Phx or you don’t think they’d get rid of him?  With Murray and Hunter needing new deals within two years I think they’d swap the Collins/Capela contracts for Ayton.

I'm blind I didn't see Capela, lol. If i'm the Hawks I'm not giving up Griffin though. 

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Literally scored the most points for the #1 seed in the playoffs

I'm surprised that we got 2 expiring deals, the player the Wolves just drafted in the 1st, their rookie 1st round pick from 2 years ago, Vanderbilt, and basically 5 first round picks for Gobert but there's basically no traction for Ayton who's like 7 years younger and will be like $10M+ cheaper.

• Like 1