This Year's Dynasty Draft Thoughts and Expectations

Bigbear72

To the OP if he's offering you Montgomery and Evans AND his 1st round pick so you basically move back a few spots take that in a hear beat. If you moved to say # 7 and you needed RB help James Cook should be there at 7, he's going to have a solid, not amazing season but with the offense he plays in he could keep up with Breece at the end of the year scoring. 

1 hour ago, Tommy_C said:

To the OP if he's offering you Montgomery and Evans AND his 1st round pick so you basically move back a few spots take that in a hear beat. If you moved to say # 7 and you needed RB help James Cook should be there at 7, he's going to have a solid, not amazing season but with the offense he plays in he could keep up with Breece at the end of the year scoring. 

No, it's the other way around. I absolutely would have taken that if it were offered to me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 9:15 PM, BayRaider said:

Anyone not picking him #1 in dynasty rookie drafts needs to have their heads examined. Said the same for Chase last year. Although last year was close between Chase or Harris, but still Chase for me 100%. 

This year is not close. London is #2 for me but it’s a distant #2. 

I may be in the minority but I have 0 interest in Drake London this year.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:50 AM, fattlipp said:

Yeah Carter is still a great back and will have a role.

If Wilson struggles there's also a realistic possibility that the Jets are pretty bad and near the bottom of the league in rushing attempts because they're always playing from behind.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 7:45 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wow thats bad. “Hey do you want a lesser QB and considered by most to be a lesser RB?”

Walker is gonna have a light years better career than Cook. Cook is a scat back that will never be anywhere close to a bellcow. 

But Willis could be an absolute superstar. 

• 2 weeks later...

In general I think this has been a good year to be in the middle for dynasty draft. Then again, dynasty is the format in which I'm the weakest so maybe I'm just telling myself that because that's where I fell this year. If a decent trade offer comes to you, don't let the lack of blue-chip rookies scare you away from taking it. My dynasty league is super deep so late round availability is an issue, and I end up playing the game of 'which rb is likely to get more playing time than expected if the no. 1 guy gets injured'. It can be frustrating especially if you're trying to leverage  into a 'win-now' strategy, but again, trust your instinct with offers and don't leave value on the table just because there aren't any sure fire right guy, right time, and right team situations.

You'll drive yourself crazy if you wait around on the perfect trade to come through. If you really are getting nothing, but middling to bad offers though, it might be because the other members of your league see some kind of glaring position on need on your roster and want to leverage against it. If you're in-real-life friends with some of these guys try and catch what that might be next time your league comes up in conversation. We all talk maybe a little more than we should when it comes to fantasy among friends so try and glean as much info about how strong or weak you're perceived in your league. It could help you understand why you're being offered the trades you are.