Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Just now, candyman93 said:

Okoro is a player you’d find on a championship team.

He will never be THE guy. However, he will sure as heck help you win.

Is it just me or does this Cavs team is starting to feel like the Pistons team that snuck in a championship?  A bunch of people that weren't THE guy, but you find on a championship team.  Granted once Love falls off and Drummond leaves they'll be lacking 2 big pieces, but it seems to be following a similar mode of a lot of very good players but lacking THAT player, that can overcome someone that's not LeBron or 3+ All-Time greats.

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

Is it just me or does this Cavs team is starting to feel like the Pistons team that snuck in a championship?  A bunch of people that weren't THE guy, but you find on a championship team.  Granted once Love falls off and Drummond leaves they'll be lacking 2 big pieces, but it seems to be following a similar mode of a lot of very good players but lacking THAT player, that can overcome someone that's not LeBron or 3+ All-Time greats.

I don’t feel that at all!

they were one of the best defensive teams. everyone of those starters could have made the all defensive team. No one on this Cavs team is going to sniff an all defensive team

8 minutes ago, Raves said:

We dont know that yet, Sexton/KPJ/Garland/Okoro are all like 12 years old. I know we all want instant gratification but its going to take another 2-3 years to see what we really have.

But that Pistons team in 2004 sent 4 of their starting 5 to the All Star game with only Prince being left out who was also a stud. Those early 2000s Pistons teams were friggin juggernauts.

Draft the defense, develop the offense. Thats my new motto with the Cavs.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

We dont know that yet, Sexton/KPJ/Garland/Okoro are all like 12 years old. I know we all want instant gratification but its going to take another 2-3 years to see what we really have.

But that Pistons team in 2004 sent 4 of their starting 5 to the All Star game with only Prince being left out who was also a stud

I was looking at Sexton/KPJ/Okoro/Love/Drummond as the main group.  I think that offensively & defensively combined they be equivalent, though with that Detroit team being better defensively to the same extent the Cavs team could be better offensively.  Obviously I don't think the team would win a title, I think Giannis is the LeBron-level talent that would prevent them from doing it, but the composition in general of being a very sneaky good team.

10 minutes ago, Raves said:

I was looking at Sexton/KPJ/Okoro/Love/Drummond as the main group.  I think that offensively & defensively combined they be equivalent, though with that Detroit team being better defensively to the same extent the Cavs team could be better offensively.  Obviously I don't think the team would win a title, I think Giannis is the LeBron-level talent that would prevent them from doing it, but the composition in general of being a very sneaky good team.

Whatever your drinking, can I taste? There is no pistons feel to this team. That pistons team has more offensive potential than this cavs team. Difference is that pistons team didn’t care about offense and wanted to just smoother ppl With their defense. Prince and Rip could have avg a lot more points a game if they really wanted to. 

56 minutes ago, Raves said:

Okoro is the only good defensive player on the team. Drummond is bad. Sells out for rebounds and blocks and can’t guard the pnr. He’s very bad. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck