Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

True but it’s not like the league has gone out of their way to make those teams good. Brooklyn is going to be good this year but how long has it taken for a NY team to be good. Knicks have been trash since, what, ‘95, outside of like 3 yes with a healthy melo and Amare and even then that team didn’t do anything. We saw the Lakers try and steal Chris Paul and the owners didn’t allow that.

NBA it’s all about getting that star player. If you don’t have him you will suck or be stuck in purgatory. NFL is kinda starting to turn into that with QBs

It's not even 1 star player anymore, you have to hit on 2 or 3 or you stand no chance of retaining them or having a real shot at winning.

Do you have faith the Cavs can draft 2-3 all stars? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You know it's bad when Im already disinterested in the game 7 mins in when they are down 11pts and I know they stand zero chance of coming back

Good. Sucking is good when you’re in a great draft year. Embrace it and hope the NBA does us another solid. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Good. Sucking is good when you’re in a great draft year. Embrace it and hope the NBA does us another solid. 

I just can't believe what this team has become since the beginning of the year.

This team was supposed to be Sexton, Garland, Okoro, Porter Jr, Love, Drummond, Nance, McGee, Delly, Osman, Windler, ect.

But instead I'm sitting here watching Broderick Thomas, Lamar Stevens and whatever a Hartenstein is.

How. They lost alllllllll of those guys and somehow have zero assets for it.

• Like 1

Drummond was a calculated risk, trading for JA and throwing Drummond on the bench ruined his trade value. We gave up nothing to get him. So we lost nothing. 

I'm entirely over K-Love and I can't wait to move on.

McGee is a quality backup and was probably signed with the intention of trying to move him. We got multiple picks for basically nothing here. 

Porter Jr was a headcase. Sucks, but is what it is. 

Osman has been garbage. Windler has been mostly garbage, not ready to rule him out but he has played awful. 

I really don't know what people expected with this squad. It was garbage and it's still garbage. We got Jarrett Allen and a high lottery pick coming out of this season and we figured out Sexton and Garland can both play. That's still pretty solid of a place to be. 

Next step will inevitably be a new coach and GM lol

14 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Drummond was a calculated risk, trading for JA and throwing Drummond on the bench ruined his trade value. We gave up nothing to get him. So we lost nothing. 

I'm entirely over K-Love and I can't wait to move on.

McGee is a quality backup and was probably signed with the intention of trying to move him. We got multiple picks for basically nothing here. 

Porter Jr was a headcase. Sucks, but is what it is. 

Osman has been garbage. Windler has been mostly garbage, not ready to rule him out but he has played awful. 

I really don't know what people expected with this squad. It was garbage and it's still garbage. We got Jarrett Allen and a high lottery pick coming out of this season and we figured out Sexton and Garland can both play. That's still pretty solid of a place to be. 

Next step will inevitably be a new coach and GM lol

That crappy thing about getting a new GM is Gilbert doesn’t look outside the organization. He’ll just promote some other puppet. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That crappy thing about getting a new GM is Gilbert doesn’t look outside the organization. He’ll just promote some other puppet. 

This is an unfortunate truth.

I think we made two big mistakes this year.
1. Not moving Drummond earlier. We weren't going to be in the playoffs this year no matter what. So as soon as he proved he had a lot in the tank and was an expiring contract he should've been out the door to whichever team was hot and needed an interior presence (LAL, BOS, etc.)
2. Releasing KPJ. That was a bad move from the moment it happened. It was a lazy move. The kid could NOT have been THAT bad for team culture. And you can't have so little self-awareness and humility to be unable to tell a kid, "Hey, your reaction was unacceptable, and there will be consequences for it (apologizing to teammates and coaches, fines, etc), but it was also a mistake to move your locker without you getting to be the one to move what was in it." 

Other than that, the year is going about how we all figured? We stink, headed for another (please please please) top 5 pick, but with some solid development from Sexton (early season), Garland (late season), and a bonafide long term rotation piece in Jarrett Allen. Like, for a rebuilding team, it will all depend on the draft pick, but it's about a to-be-expected result.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FGK said:

2. Releasing KPJ. That was a bad move from the moment it happened. It was a lazy move. The kid could NOT have been THAT bad for team culture. And you can't have so little self-awareness and humility to be unable to tell a kid, "Hey, your reaction was unacceptable, and there will be consequences for it (apologizing to teammates and coaches, fines, etc), but it was also a mistake to move your locker without you getting to be the one to move what was in it." 

It wasnt just that, it was also the issue in the offseason as well when he had the accident with guns and drugs in the car.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

well it might not be on gilbert this time around because of his health issues

Gonzaga is the best college basketball team I’ve ever seen. Other than Suggs they don’t have any real NBA talent, but they’re all superstars college wise.

Timme and Kispert are unbelievable and Suggs is a college basketball version of Steve Nash.

Edited by candyman93

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck