Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

30 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

His shooting is what him such a highly rated prospect, you dont go from being a great shooter to becoming a horrible shooter. I would chalk up last season to him coming off injury and essentially going from HS straight to the NBA.

If he becomes a sniper from 3 and starts distributing he will be just what the Cavs need. Sexton doesnt look like hes ever going to be a true facilitator so its on Garland/KPJ who all flashed playmaking ability last season at certain points. Garland turned it over a bunch, but he turned it over while looking to make passes--so I take that as a positive sign that the thought is at least there the execution just needs to be better which will come from experience

Experience and finding them the right coach/system and giving them time to develop in it. I think we underestimate how important coaching/system/development is for young players because the star-laden teams can switch coaches and immediately go 100%. With the younger guys, I think it's important to find a coach who is good at development and let the youngsters grow in a system that has the right balance of things that make them comfortable and things that challenge them to grow and get better.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:37 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I doubt this is like first time cubs has helped him out. West looked like he was on the phone with Cuban. Probably a regular thing he does when he gets real down. 

There has been reports that Cuban has tried reachign out to West several times.  Seriously one of the best owners in all of sports.

Cuban's approach to life is what makes him so endearing. With him, you can be sure this isnt some cheap publicity thing. 

Also Colin Sexton slander will not be tolerated. Young bull will never make those LeBron wtf passes but he will be a good/great facilitator by year 5. 

@ me

8 minutes ago, OhioG said:

Cuban's approach to life is what makes him so endearing. With him, you can be sure this isnt some cheap publicity thing. 

Also Colin Sexton slander will not be tolerated. Young bull will never make those LeBron wtf passes but he will be a good/great facilitator by year 5. 

@ me

I love Colin Sexton but I’ll be stunned if he’s ever even an average passer

3 hours ago, OhioG said:

@ me

You don’t become a good passer by year 5. You pretty much are what you are going to be by year 3. He’ll improve what he does right now but he’s not gonna all of a sudden become a good/ great facilitator. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

How is Butler doing what he’s doing

He’s got one of the best work ethics and attitudes in the game. He’s not afraid of anyone. I’ve loved that dude ever since he schooled the timberwolves starters in practice a few years ago with a team of nobody’s and backups. That’s one of the best stories of all time and shows why he’s where he’s at and soft weak minded teams like minny and Philly are where they are. 

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s got one of the best work ethics and attitudes in the game. He’s not afraid of anyone. I’ve loved that dude ever since he schooled the timberwolves starters in practice a few years ago with a team of nobody’s and backups. That’s one of the best stories of all time and shows why he’s where he’s at and soft weak minded teams like minny and Philly are where they are. 

Work ethic can be tough to evaluate as most coaches will tell you how hard their guy works to get them drafted as high as possible, but this is truly the one trait you need to try to identify.  

We need all of the scrappy, ultra competitive, hate losing more than they like winning types we can get.

44 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

For me, it’s a combination of Jimmy Butler + Lakers supporting cast being garbage.

Danny Green missed the perfect wide open 3 to give them the lead with 2.2 seconds left.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck