Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

21 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I understand this. But to be THAT low is absolutely a concern. He will most likely be the only real big on a team so you’re gonna need him to be a much better rebounder than that. 

When a basketball team has a versatile defensive player that can guard multiple positions, a ton of times those guys are running out, away from the basket and rotating to defend the perimeter. There's a reason why Isaac Okoro only averaged 3 rebounds a game. Position aside, we can go back and forth all day on where we think Mobley projects, when the most versatile defender is playing and rotating as much as Mobley did, and as much as Okoro did for us, they aren't going to be in a position to rebound nearly as often. The guy as a freshman in college averaged 16 points, 9 boards, almost 1 steal a game, nearly 3 blocks per game, and almost 3 assists per game. All this while controlling his body and avoiding fouls. I think he is going to be a star as an NBA player. I see Allen and Mobley being very similar to what the Hawks have with Capela and Collins, only I think Allen is going to be better than Capela, and I think Mobley will be far and away better than Collins (and bigger). 

11 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Take that with a grain of salt 

Maybe, heard Pistons arent that enamored with Kade. Trading down to 3 to gain more assets and a player they like more seems smart.

trade sexton #3 and what else to pistions for #1. Roll with Darius and Kade

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Maybe, heard Pistons arent that enamored with Kade. Trading down to 3 to gain more assets and a player they like more seems smart.

It’s gonna take a lot to move up. It would probably take garland 3 and next years 1st. Which I would still gladly do. I’d do whatever it takes to get him.  

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

They are going to take us to the woodshed for that pick

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s gonna take a lot to move up. It would probably take garland 3 and next years 1st. Which I would still gladly do. I’d do whatever it takes to get him.  

Altman should be immediately fired if he gives up that much. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Altman should be immediately fired if he gives up that much. 

Yep.  

Garland looks like a nice piece long term, as do both Green and Mobley.  I also have no faith that pick next year won’t be a high lottery pick.

I don’t think Cade is that much better than Green and Mobley myself.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.  

Garland looks like a nice piece long term, as do both Green and Mobley.  I also have no faith that pick next year won’t be a high lottery pick.

I don’t think Cade is that much better than Green and Mobley myself.

Garland is a nice piece but he’s nothing special. The league is filled with small guards who can shoot. Cade needs to run the offense. I’m much higher in him as an all around player than green who’s mostly just a scorer. As good as Mobley might be he’s still just a big. Can’t carry an offense and create for everyone on the floor. I’m not high on any big unless they’re some transcendent prospect. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck