Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

28 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If Kuminga is better on the Warriors than Mobley is for us I’m going to be sick for a long time 

I mean, they had the 2nd pick last year and are already trying to trade him off. I wouldn't be sold on it.

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I mean, they had the 2nd pick last year and are already trying to trade him off. I wouldn't be sold on it.

Nah I don’t think they were. I think that was smoke 

Warriors and Hawks running circles around us 

Hawks getting Johnson where they did is an absolute steal

what the hell is our plan at small forward 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

youre literally the only person on Earth that thinks GSW wasnt actually interested in trading Wiseman. The Warriors have been blessed by fleecing the Timberwolves for draft picks, then playing the tank game to perfection. Atlanta had a smart pick, but they also are trying to move Reddish, and who knows if they will retain Collins. We have made two really solid moves today, and we probably will make at least one more tonight. Chillax

***besides, the Hawks prolly wont make the playoffs next year if the league is serious about changing the officiating for foul calls. Trae won't be getting to the line 9 times a line. 

Edited by H2ThaIzzo
added context
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

youre literally the only person on Earth that thinks GSW wasnt actually interested in trading Wiseman. The Warriors have been blessed by fleecing the Timberwolves for draft picks, then playing the tank game to perfection. Atlanta had a smart pick, but they also are trying to move Reddish, and who knows if they will retain Collins. We have made two really solid moves today, and we probably will make at least one more tonight. Chillax

Yeah if we were offered the value they got for D'Angelo Russell for Collin Sexton we may have pulled the trigger on that.

Warriors are doing a great job adding prospects on top of their amazing core, but they also lost 2 prime seasons of those core guys who are all in their 30s now.  It's a pretty hefty price in those terms, they would have been finals contenders the last 2 seasons if they were healthy.  How many seasons will they have where they're at full strength?  Are these prospects going to fit that timeline?  They could be shipping Kuminga, Moody, or Wiseman out for another title run before their window closes.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

It's a huge issue, but it's not worth passing on Mobley to address when we suck so bad.

26 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It's a huge issue, but it's not worth passing on Mobley to address when we suck so bad.

yeah I think people are really undervaluing the impact we had with the huge hole at PF. Love was worthless, Larry was hurt, Wade did his best, but he is best as a role player off the bench in limited minutes. We still have some offensive needs for sure, depending on how Garland continues to progress as well as Okoro. Defensively I think we are going to have a huge step forward. Rubio, Okoro, Nance, Mobley, Allen, Stevens are a pretty strong defensive group. I think we have the guys to help offset the issues we will see with Sexton and Garland. People also forget that he was a solid defender in college and was expected to be a strong defender as a pro. Maybe getting some floor time with Okoro, Larry, Mobley, etc. will help with that. 

28 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Cavs lottery pick next year

I mean, considering they changed the playoff format and the losing play in teams, ala GSW, are considered lottery pick teams, then you will probably be right. But if you don't think we clearly improved by adding a vet PG that can defend and pass, and a cornerstone athletic versatile big with potential through the roof, then you're either crazy, or you don't pay attention to basketball and you're just here to troll. 

11 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

***besides, the Hawks prolly wont make the playoffs next year if the league is serious about changing the officiating for foul calls. Trae won't be getting to the line 9 times a line. 

This is going to be really interesting to see play out. Obviously Young is talented and a professional and should make adjustments, but he's still a smaller guy that kind of had to outsmart the defense to get calls. 

He could struggle.

Just now, carl_sjunior said:

This is going to be really interesting to see play out. Obviously Young is talented and a professional and should make adjustments, but he's still a smaller guy that kind of had to outsmart the defense to get calls. 

He could struggle.

I am looking forward to this change for sure. Okoro last year got called on so many of those crap fouls, guys kicking legs out, diving into him instead of going up to take a normal shot, etc. 

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I mean, considering they changed the playoff format and the losing play in teams, ala GSW, are considered lottery pick teams, then you will probably be right. But if you don't think we clearly improved by adding a vet PG that can defend and pass, and a cornerstone athletic versatile big with potential through the roof, then you're either crazy, or you don't pay attention to basketball and you're just here to troll. 

Sorry to be down trodden

But Cleveland could have been given the

First 3 picks and still not make the playoffs

My daughter in her left hand crossover

Dribble can take sexton off the dribble.

32 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Sorry to be down trodden

But Cleveland could have been given the

First 3 picks and still not make the playoffs

My daughter in her left hand crossover

Dribble can take sexton off the dribble.

pshhhh, whatever.

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Cavs lottery pick next year

Maybe?  I think it depends on health. When fully healthy the Cavs played relatively well last year. The problem is they were very rarely healthy. I doubt even %10 of the year. With Mobley we’re immediately a better defensive team. He will hide our “short”comings at guard. 

BTW I’m REALLY looking forward to Mobley playing with Garland 🤩. You guys think Allen and he played well together just wait until Garland plays with a bonafide stud. Oh and Rubio was a nice pick up. 

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck