Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

9 hours ago, FGK said:

Offseason Q's:

imo…

9 hours ago, FGK said:

1. Who is the right backcourt around Garland? I don't think all three of Levert/Okoro/Sexton come back, so who is the odd man out?

Unless there’s a favorable deal to be had, I’d have no issue trying to make it work but it would be contingent on one thing; Sexton is a sixth man and needs to be cool with that.

Okoro can be great next to Garland if he can just learn to knock down a 3 consistently.  Hell, Bruce Bowen style is fine where he can hit from like one spot and just stands there on offense unless he’s cutting.

Sexron can cook off the bench and provide the punch we needed much of the year with the second unit.

Levert is a solid player who just needs to settle into a role.

9 hours ago, FGK said:

2. Do we make the pick or move it, maybe plus one of the above for a borderline star? If we make the pick, do you go for a "win now" type guy, someone who can be in the rotation right away? Or do you grab a potential piece, somebody you're hoping becomes a real player in a year of two.

If you can trade the pick for a guy who moves the needle, that would be my preference.  This team should 100% be in win now mode.

That said, if we keep the puck take the best prospect, even if they’re not going to contribute immediately.  A guy in the 10-14 range isn’t gonna move the needle much year one either way.

9 hours ago, FGK said:

3. Who is the backup center? We need a better guy to give Allen a breather and keep Mobley from having to play more than 10 minutes a game at C.  

Good question lol 

9 hours ago, FGK said:

4. Do we maintain the three seven footers starting line up, or grab a more traditional 3 and let Markannen be the bench shooter/stretch 4?

If it ain’t broke imo.  Those 3 together gave a lot of teams fits with their height/length 

9 hours ago, FGK said:

There are other questions, but I think if we answer those the rest will be easy to figure out.

Yep

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Levert is a solid player who just needs to settle into a role.

That’s the biggest thing. When we traded for him, he ended up getting hit by a nagging injury. Only had a chance to play like 20 games.  What really hurt with him was playing him with Rondo. I was a rondo fan but he was not good here for us. He was the most disappointing player cause I just expected more from him. 

RANT TIME now that those 12 beers wore off and the sheer anger is gone (but still kinda there)

How...how did you not win that game. How did you at one point have the #3 seed and now you didnt even make the playoffs. You had your chance, they gave it to you in both games and the entire team as a whole played their worst basketball in the biggest moments.

Garland, you picked a bad time to have a terrible shooting game. LeVert, how do you still get mins? What is it that you actually provide that a guy like Lamar Stevens cant? What the hell happened to Love/Osman????? Why did Love not play at ALL in the second half. Really could have used his scoring when the offense looked like trash from Q3-Q4. Why the lineup changes? How did you give 40 mins to LeVert and gave 0 to Osman when you NEEDED OFFENSE. What the hell coaching job was that JBB.

I want to strangle every ref on the floor. They probably gave the Hawks 8-12 unearned points in the 3Q between the Garland/Allen three ball in the corner they took away, the elbow to Allens face they called a And-1 and the non-flagrant for Mobley because they felt bad for Capella. 

In a game where you could have showed the rest of the NBA that your for real to potentially attract FAs, you **** the bed on national TV and are didnt even make the playoffs.

Im struggling a LOT with the whole silver lining thing of 'well they did win 45 games and that was better than we could have hoped and still get a draft pick!" I dont want a draft pick, we have 38 lotto picks on this roster already and 7 20 year olds. We dont need another.

10 hours ago, pf9 said:

I haven't been this crushed about a Cleveland team missing the playoffs since the Browns were eliminated in the final week of 2007, which sent them into a 12-year tailspin.

Me and you both. I was legit angry as hell last night over a sports game for the first time in a long time.

I probably only missed 5-7 games of their season this year and watching how good they were from OCT-JAN and to end up not even make the playoffs is like.....a kick in the nuts. I am more angry for the players like Garland/Okoro/Mobley/Allen/Love/Cedi who played their *** off the entire year to not even be rewarded.

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Just because you are biased does not mean you are wrong

If hes there at 14 he'd be the right pick. I think he goes higher though. 

His game against a very tough Villanova team had me sold 100% on him. Just a fantastic effort from him in a loss.

On 4/15/2022 at 7:16 PM, FGK said:

1. Who is the right backcourt around Garland? I don't think all three of Levert/Okoro/Sexton come back, so who is the odd man out?

I think I'm okay with all four coming back. The exception being if you see an opportunity open up to get a STUD wing with one of them plus our pick or something like that. I think Sexton as the leader on offense when Garland is out allows us to rest Garland more which helps him stay healthy. And you can run them out together with the towering trio to create a "weird defense, crazy good offense" lineup.

Levert is a total question mark right now. We'll see. Okoro is 20. If he stays where he is now, he's a solid role player. But I think he could absolutely make a small leap as a shooter to become a legit starting 2.

2. Do we make the pick or move it, maybe plus one of the above for a borderline star? If we make the pick, do you go for a "win now" type guy, someone who can be in the rotation right away? Or do you grab a potential piece, somebody you're hoping becomes a real player in a year of two.

Oddly enough I feel like if it stays 14 you probably make it, and if it jumps into the top 4 it makes it more likely that you move it (IMO). Just because I don't LOVE the fit of any of this year's top 4 with our core (Garland, Mobley, Allen). So you could move one of our guards plus a top 4 pick in this draft to get a legit top player in a trade. Whereas I actually LOVE some of the guys who might make it to 14. I think Mark Williams would be an incredible backup Center. There are a TON of solid wing options in that range (Griffin, Davis, Daniels, Mathurin, Hardy, Branham) who could be good development picks.

3. Who is the backup center? We need a better guy to give Allen a breather and keep Mobley from having to play more than 10 minutes a game at C.

This could be Mark Williams in the draft. If we are looking FA, I'd love Isaiah Hartenstein in that role.

4. Do we maintain the three seven footers starting line up, or grab a more traditional 3 and let Markannen be the bench shooter/stretch 4?

Agree with LGBs. I like it as the starting lineup. We just need to add to our wing depth so that we CAN go smaller when we want to.

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck