Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Yo finally got around to watching Johnny Davis last night

I understand why he’s been mocked to us to consistently now even though he’s a 2.  

If we can somehow trade Collin for a first rounder I’d absolutely be interested in drafting Davis. 

Not only is he a bucket but he’s got the length that would compliment Garland and dude is a bucket. Seems like a player Koby would love. He plays team basketball too. Gives me poor man’s Devin Booker vibes  

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yo finally got around to watching Johnny Davis last night

I understand why he’s been mocked to us to consistently now even though he’s a 2.  

If we can somehow trade Collin for a first rounder I’d absolutely be interested in drafting Davis. 

Not only is he a bucket but he’s got the length that would compliment Garland and dude is a bucket. Seems like a player Koby would love. He plays team basketball too. Gives me poor man’s Devin Booker vibes  

I really like him in general and think he’s an awesome fit for the Cavs culturally, and from a skill set / development standpoint. 

Versatile 2 way player who should be able to score / pass / dribble / defend.

weakness appears to be long range jumper and we have great shooting development

5 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I really like him in general and think he’s an awesome fit for the Cavs culturally, and from a skill set / development standpoint. 

Versatile 2 way player who should be able to score / pass / dribble / defend.

weakness appears to be long range jumper and we have great shooting development

I dont know why, but Johnny Davis reminds me of Suggs from last year. A smart combo guard who is more of a jack of all trades than a master at 1.

Not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

Also FWIW, if you google 2022 NBA Mock Draft here is how many times these players were mocked to the Cavs from results on the 1st page of Google.

Branham- 4

Davis- 3

Abagi- 1

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont know why, but Johnny Davis reminds me of Suggs from last year. A smart combo guard who is more of a jack of all trades than a master at 1.

Not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

Also FWIW, if you google 2022 NBA Mock Draft here is how many times these players were mocked to the Cavs from results on the 1st page of Google.

Branham- 4

Davis- 3

Abagi- 1

The thing I like is he’s bigger than Suggs. He really give you a true 2 guard body. 

I like his game more than Branham’s. I just don’t see it with Branham. I think people mock it because of the Ohio connection but he’s way down my list. 

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

The thing I like is he’s bigger than Suggs. He really give you a true 2 guard body. 

I like his game more than Branham’s. I just don’t see it with Branham. I think people mock it because of the Ohio connection but he’s way down my list. 

Well thats good then, I think people like Branham because they see a future elite scorer who has potential with his length on the defensive end. 

The Cavs podcast guys pointed out something with Branham that does worry me and that is he struggles to beat people off the dribble since he is not overly explosive and he doesnt have dribble moves yet to get around people--even PFs who are switched onto him. He just tries to run around everyone.

I wouldnt be mad that we drafted him because he would solve the issue with not having enough guys who can just get their own shot, but there are one or two others I prefer over him.

Here: If you have time give this a listen. These guys are great

Edited by AkronsWitness

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Branham reminds me of Khris Middleton.

He will be able to score and contribute without being a black hole offensively.

If they draft Branham, bring back Rubio and resign Sexton......I will be a very happy camper. Don't do too much, bring back what you had and add another wing piece. 

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck