Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Maybe for love but I think Spida is better than love when we made that trade.

Mannnnn…..

idk man that’s tough 

We got Love at the top of his game. Dude was a rebounding freaking machine. I think Love was more accomplished in comparison but it’s close. 

So hyped for this man. Basketball is gonna be crazy to watch for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 9:33 PM, brownie man said:

Mannnnn…..

idk man that’s tough 

We got Love at the top of his game. Dude was a rebounding freaking machine. I think Love was more accomplished in comparison but it’s close. 

So hyped for this man. Basketball is gonna be crazy to watch for the foreseeable future. 

Love put up a lot of bulk stats but didn’t contribute much to winning in Minnesota.

Mitchell has been arguably the best player on a very good team in the west.

Mitchell just seems more like someone who can be “the dude” as opposed to just a solid role player for a really good team, which is what Love was.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That’s a really nice roster.  

Really solid high end talent, a few useful vets in Rubio, Lopez and Love, plenty of youth to still develop and improve paired with a few guys who’ve played a lot of playoff basketball.  

The starters obviously look good, but that second unit is gonna bust some ***** too.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We need a stretch big off the bench to replace Lauri. I’m not counting love as I don’t consider him a big. But that roster is loaded. Hopefully Rubio is good to go by January. 

I'd love a 6'10 shooting big man in the mold of a Channing Frye to come off the bench. We need length and another shooter off the bench for me to really feel like our roster was complete.

Either that, or Windler needs to take a big step up this year and be a serviceable swing G/F off the bench.

I still honestly believe we could beat any team with our current roster construction. Are we a year or two away from progressing our guys into position to win it all? Probably...but depending on injuries and development, we're as good as anyone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We need a stretch big off the bench to replace Lauri. I’m not counting love as I don’t consider him a big. But that roster is loaded. Hopefully Rubio is good to go by January. 

Wait. I'm totally on board with getting an extra stretch big for depth. But I gotta address that second sentence. If Love isn't a big, what the heck is he? Like, there's a difference between a big (can defend size, rebounding) and a rim protector. We could use another stretch big, but that's EXACTLY what Love is. He just isn't a rim protector. And there's only so many rim protectors who can stretch in the league. 

11 minutes ago, FGK said:

Wait. I'm totally on board with getting an extra stretch big for depth. But I gotta address that second sentence. If Love isn't a big, what the heck is he? Like, there's a difference between a big (can defend size, rebounding) and a rim protector. We could use another stretch big, but that's EXACTLY what Love is. He just isn't a rim protector. And there's only so many rim protectors who can stretch in the league. 

Love is a small power forward. He can’t play C like Lauri or Frye could. He’s of zero threat inside as a defender. He’s just a big guard who can grab rebounds. Which is fine off the bench. But we need a 7 foot big who can shoot. Even the worst 7 foot defender is at least an obstacle to shoot over. 

On 9/16/2022 at 1:38 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Love is a small power forward. He can’t play C like Lauri or Frye could. He’s of zero threat inside as a defender. He’s just a big guard who can grab rebounds. Which is fine off the bench. But we need a 7 foot big who can shoot. Even the worst 7 foot defender is at least an obstacle to shoot over. 

thought I read that there are some rumors that in some offensive line ups, they might play Love at the SF. I think it depends on what is on the floor for the opposing team but that was one rumored offensive line up to add more shooting and spacing for guys. I can live with it, as long as love is hitting his shots.

Gonna be curious if they make another move before the season. Kinda wish they would 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

thought I read that there are some rumors that in some offensive line ups, they might play Love at the SF. I think it depends on what is on the floor for the opposing team but that was one rumored offensive line up to add more shooting and spacing for guys. I can live with it, as long as love is hitting his shots.

Gonna be curious if they make another move before the season. Kinda wish they would 

That won’t last long. He had no lateral movement. I think love and or lavert will be packaged for a SF. Maybe someone like Harrison Barnes. Not someone who will carry the team but someone who can do a little bit of everything with some size. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck