Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

29 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This will be Caris Leverts most efficient season of his career. He’s going to thrive at the 3 spot.

Idk about efficient. He loves those off the dribble mid range shots despite not being great at them. But he’s going to be a very good catch and shoot 3 point shooter. 

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Mitchell is amazing.

Yeah he is better than advertised. 

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

mobley has been incredibly disappointing 

He has, but I still believe in him. He is just too confident in his perimeter game right now. Quit dribbling and shooting. Set screens and get in the low post. He’s also too impatient down low. Take your time down there!

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah he is better than advertised. 

He has, but I still believe in him. He is just too confident in his perimeter game right now. Quit dribbling and shooting. Set screens and get in the low post. He’s also too impatient down low. Take your time down there!

Mobley is still just 21.  He’s another 2-3 seasons away from even entering his prime.

With the addition of Mitchell I’m sure everyone is still figuring out where they fit in the offense and I’m sure there’s going to be some rough stretches early, but I think they’ll figure it out and when they do they’re gonna be tough to beat.

Robin Lopez looks like he’s gonna give us some good minutes this year. I was hoping we would have given him more minutes towards the end of the game considering Mobley couldn’t make a good decision/shot to save his own life. Bickerstaff rode the starters hard in the 4th quarter—to our detriment. I’m not really blaming Bickerstaff, because it’s really early to have your rotations figured out…especially with DG out. But we flubbed up the rotation late in the game IMO. Gotta figure that out. 

If we want to be serious about competing Okoro needs to be a <5 minute a game player until he improves considerably. 

He’s a complete zero on offense, can shoot, dribble or pass. He’s one of the worst rebounders in the NBA. He’s even a bust on defense. Yeah he’s an above average 1v1 defender but not a lock down guy, he struggles vs size, can’t switch onto bigs, and doesn’t make disruptive plays. 

The only value he brings to an NBA court is defending smalls without fouling. 

I would be very surprised if he’s in the league in 4-5 years 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck