Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

I think the biggest issues with the Cavs and their drafting, is they havent had a coach who could develop talent at all.

Brown, wouldnt play rookies at all.

Scott, sucked at developing talent

Blatt, maybe but he was thrown into a win now mode

Lue, was in a win now mode

Beilein, maybe, I wish they would have gotten rid of all the vets and just let him coach a young squad. Would have been a win/win, tank and potential development of players.

16 hours ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

To be fair with kyrie draft. Derrick Williams was supposed to be a bailer of a prospect too. But you're right other wise. Danny ferry cost us lebron the first time. Whoever was in front office (I cant thing at the time) and refused to trade hickson for amar'e Stoudemire deserves a strongly written letter. 

I just remember Luke Jackson being such a stud in college. the dude compliment Lebron so well. Dude suffered such a horrible hamstring injury. 

The following draft we didnt have a pick cause it was traded away in '97, now that hurt but that draft didnt really produce anyone outside the top10 and the cavs would have been picking #13. Best player outside the top10 was Granger and the cavs werent selecting another SF. 

'06 was Shannon Brown, that wasnt on Ferry, that was on Brown. Mike Brown refused to play the rookie.

I still dont think the Suns ever offered Amare

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I just remember Luke Jackson being such a stud in college. the dude compliment Lebron so well. Dude suffered such a horrible hamstring injury. 

The following draft we didnt have a pick cause it was traded away in '97, now that hurt but that draft didnt really produce anyone outside the top10 and the cavs would have been picking #13. Best player outside the top10 was Granger and the cavs werent selecting another SF. 

'06 was Shannon Brown, that wasnt on Ferry, that was on Brown. Mike Brown refused to play the rookie.

I still dont think the Suns ever offered Amare

I believe the deal collapsed because we wouldnt throw in Hickson. I'm sure there's an Article somewhere.

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

I believe the deal collapsed because we wouldnt throw in Hickson. I'm sure there's an Article somewhere.

I have also read articles that talked about the Suns turning down all offers because they had hopes they could resign him. 

54 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I always hate the first round of the playoffs. The 2nd round and on is when the games actually become good.

Really interested in Boston vs Toronto.

Yeah that's going to be a helluva series. Im sticking with Toronto they are a fun team and much easier to cheer for compared to Boston

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think you can win a title being guard heavy. Look at Houston and Portland.

People will point to Golden State, but I think the Cavs should have beat them in 2015 and 2016.

I think being guard heavy is fine as long as you are good elsewhere too.  Portland literally has 2 score first guards and a good big.  SF and PF are devoid of any real talent at all.  Houston has Harden, Westbrook, and.... I'm still wondering what they are doing.

How about looking at guard heavy teams and look at the prime San Antonio Spurs.  Sure Duncan is a HOFer but that's besides the point here.  They were primarily being ran through Parker & Ginobli with a strong post presence in Duncan.  So being guard heavy is fine, as long as the pieces around them are good.  Part of why I like Okoro/Vassell at #5 if Deni is gone.