Training Camp 2022: Luh-trowb or Lay-trowb?

Dcash4

59 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I am very excited to see Leal (and Pickens, really) in pads and out of shorts. Leal specifically, that athleticism is going to shine at this stage, but if he can handle the power too when the pads come on with contact, I'll get really excited. 

I don't think anything is going to change with Pickens regardless of if he is wearing shorts or pads. But I still see all those "Justin Hunter is absolutely killing it!" reports every off-season followed by his disappearing act when the pads came on. 

I dont think you can put too much stock into the good or the bad for rookies in training camp, or even preseason really.    

I will say though that I expect Pickens to be a nice weapon for us....pending we have a QB that can get it to him.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

last time the steelers had a WR like pickens? Plax? I guess AB did this kind of stuff but in a 5'10 body lol

Martavis Bryant.

Pickens is fast as hell but idk if he has that “freak” speed Martavis had. Pickens is a much more nuanced route runner and is more physical though.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I dont think you can put too much stock into the good or the bad for rookies in training camp, or even preseason really.    

I will say though that I expect Pickens to be a nice weapon for us....pending we have a QB that can get it to him.

Overall I agree, but you should always look for flash and underperformance. That’s what I want to see right now. Consistency comes later, but flashing right now can show you are meant to be a pro or if the stage is way too big. 

The big thing is that athleticism and speed shine in shorts. If Leal can keep popping every once in a while when the pads come on, I’ll get really excited. 

Edited by Dcash4
  • Like 1

I feel like Pickens has been the best player on the field outside of TJ Watt so far. Chase better get comfortable in the slot because I think we’re gonna have a hard time keeping Pickens off the field this year. 

More throws like this over the middle please.