Training Camp 2022: Luh-trowb or Lay-trowb?

Dcash4

Just now, AFF said:

QB will  be Pickett until he fails…he will be given at least 2022 and 2023 to prove himself.

Allows them to concentrate on OL/Defense next offseason 

For sure tho I think Trubs plays a good amount this year (maybe the majority) before ceding to Pickett.  Hopefully he's the answer and they can focus on locking down the defense and OL in a year or two.  🤞

This is the way more fun way to look at it. Tear up the final year of the rookie deal (which he outperformed) and you come to $13.32M per year.....I love the fakeness of NFL numbers. 

Way friendly team deal, but nice deal for DJ too.  Loved the Renfrow deal when he put himself back on the market early and after the cap explosion. DJ gets that now too. So, if he plays well, when AJ Brown is making $25M per, he will be making $30m+. 

Skill positions are set through 2024. Go fill it up on defense in the draft and buy yourself the best T on the market next year. 

• Like 2

Sweet jesus, shots fired. When Steelers Depot guys are calling out the team "insiders" with information they heard a week before, you know they are bad. 

The same day Dulac put out the "they are not close" report Garafolo from NFL network hit with the "I think they will look at a shorter deal". When national dudes and blog writers eat your lunch....it might be time to see yourself out. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Can any of the cap guys tell us where this roughly puts us in available cap space next offseason? I have a feeling we will hit o-line hard in FA in 2023.

Overthrew cap has them at $38 mill in cap room going into next offseason…but that’s without Boz and DJ deals added in.

However they currently have $13 mill in cap but some of that will get used thru the season but the rest can carry over.

They also have an easy cut of Trubisky for a saving of $8 mill…same for Jack.

Good to see them get a deal done. Now that distraction is over with for DJ and the team. I would like to see him be more consistent. He looked good until about the last month of the season when drops were an issue again. He was stellar the first few months of the season regarding dropped passes. 

The WR corps has the opportunity to be the best in the league. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they can accomplish with a QB that can throw it longer than 10 yards.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Maybe we should leave the light on for McFarland for one more season? He’s been making plays all camp and if he can be a threat in the receiving game he will make his way on to the field. 

Need plays like this. When is the last time we’ve had a 60+ yard run from a RB?

I’d love to see the RB room being Najee, Warren, and Ant. I seriously doubt Snell is cut, though. I wouldn’t be super upset with Najee, Snell, and Ant, especially if Ant takes a step. I don’t trust Snell to do anything with 5-10 carries, so I’d rather him be the emergency guy/special teamer. Give Ant those carries. 

Not sure how many guys were even around for Bell....but I have been curious if the Bell/JuJu and maybe even AB situations would work in the Steelers favor. 

TJ basically said he walked in and quit negotiating because he was happy, but likely could have gotten more. Just feels like a big win for the team if dudes will take less to stay. Think Tomlin plays a big role in that too. 

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Not sure how many guys were even around for Bell....but I have been curious if the Bell/JuJu and maybe even AB situations would work in the Steelers favor. 

TJ basically said he walked in and quit negotiating because he was happy, but likely could have gotten more. Just feels like a big win for the team if dudes will take less to stay. Think Tomlin plays a big role in that too. 

I was trying to think of a player that left for a FA payday or was traded and performed really well.  I can't think of any.  Maybe Woodson?  But I don't recall the specifics of that scenario.  Urbik?  But I don't think he signed a big contract.  Who am I missing?  I'm sure there is one but the Seelers are one of the best when knowing when to let go.