Training Camp 2022: Luh-trowb or Lay-trowb?

Dcash4

20 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

This has been talked about a lot this off-season, but how good are our skill players on offense? I’ve never seen a Steeler offense with as much talent at the skill spots as now. If we had a backup RB that was any good, we’d be stacked at every skill spot. I’ve never seen a TE room as good as this one. WR room is stacked. We’ve got Najee. We’ve had better RB depth(and the Young Money WR room was stacked)but never with this many talented other skill positions. Just gotta hope the line holds up and the QB can throw it a little.

I think in the middle of the killer B era when they had Bryant on the field +Dwill backing up Bell around 2015/16

I think this group has a chance to be deeper and more consistent tho. People are down on the steelers this yr, but I lowkey can see them being the new "trendy" up and coming team people like next offseason if we see these young guys +picket perform well this yr+ another active FA period of adding on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Depth Chart released.  Dotson starting LG. Green the backup.  Interestingly, Green not listed at all on OC depth chart and it goes 3 deep.  

https://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart/

Yea, I think Green made a mistake pigeonholing himself as a guard only. Dotson has had a really solid camp so far, he’s almost a lock to start at LG imo. And while Green wasn’t great at C last year, I think he showed enough to warrant being the main interior backup at all 3 spots for a long time if he didn’t talk himself out of it.

24 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Give me either one over Benny Snail.  

If they want someone to replace Harris in strictly 3rd and long/obvious passing plays they should go for Richard. If they want an upgrade over Snell as a strict backup to Harris they should go Gallman. He played pretty well last year when Saquon went down. 

Imagine using the entire first two days of draft picks on a player just to list them as an “or” on the depth chart with Robert Spillane. 

I imagine this is largely motivational…. But, boy, that’s gotta hurt. 

29 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Yea, I think Green made a mistake pigeonholing himself as a guard only. Dotson has had a really solid camp so far, he’s almost a lock to start at LG imo. And while Green wasn’t great at C last year, I think he showed enough to warrant being the main interior backup at all 3 spots for a long time if he didn’t talk himself out of it.

I doubt Green he a lot of say in the matter honestly. The staff probably told him he was t going to be playing center this year so he should work exclusively on guard.

8 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Imagine using the entire first two days of draft picks on a player just to list them as an “or” on the depth chart with Robert Spillane. 

I imagine this is largely motivational…. But, boy, that’s gotta hurt. 

A lot of beat writers are saying Spillane is right there. I think even Austin said that Spillane was pushing for a starting spot. I feel like a lot of fans knew Bush wasn’t going to be very good. @jebrickI know was on it pretty early. Pre-draft even.

25 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

A lot of beat writers are saying Spillane is right there. I think even Austin said that Spillane was pushing for a starting spot. I feel like a lot of fans knew Bush wasn’t going to be very good. @jebrickI know was on it pretty early. Pre-draft even.

Are we going to act like Bush didn’t look like a future pro bowler before he tore his ACL? Hard to take a victory lap on a player being bad when he had his career torpedoed by a bad injury. 

With that being said, I’m very glad we signed Jack. 

Myles Boykin, Anthony Miller, and Steven Simms listed over Calvin Austin is eye opening. 

Confirmation that they see Baby Heyward as a TE. 

Ogunjobi listed as a starter despite being out tells me how underwhelming the other options must have been. 

Sutton listed as a starter with Wallace/Witherspoon in a battle tells me Sutton has the inside track to starting, and the loser of the other battle is the slot, because we know Tomlin doesn’t change that up much. 

16 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Are we going to act like Bush didn’t look like a future pro bowler before he tore his ACL? Hard to take a victory lap on a player being bad when he had his career torpedoed by a bad injury. 

With that being said, I’m very glad we signed Jack. 

I'm not sure I'd go that far. I thought he looked fine as a rookie, ton of tackles, but nothing crazy. Then his second year he was flying around, but it was only 5 games. He also wasn't taking the ball away or making splash plays like a pro-bowl ILB. I get that he might have improved a lot if he stays healthy, but 5 games can be a flash in the pan. I'm as much of a Bush defender as the next guy, but I still don't think he was worth what it took to get him. 

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Ogunjobi listed as a starter despite being out tells me how underwhelming the other options must have been.

None of the other guys are starting quality.  Wormely is basically the definition of JAG. They're all really solid rotational pieces, but Ogunjobi is a far superior player. I'm still really pulling for Loudermilk. I think they are playing the long game with him, like they did 20 years ago with the D-line. 

• Like 1