Training Camp 2022: Luh-trowb or Lay-trowb?

Dcash4

4 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Read the rest to find your context, Bud. 

I do agree with the “your value is what you can get” part, but there’s also a different of open market Vs the extension. Dudes get 125% of market rate all the time when everyone has a shot at them. From what I read, Kirk was “THE” guy for the Jags to work outta the slot. Rather than haggling and potentially losing him at $15-16M, they put it to bed at $18M. On an extension, it’s usually more by the book — hence all these extensions now ringing in right around the same numbers. 

But as I mentioned above, the Steelers might not value that number…but that doesn’t mean it’s not his number. Teams don’t have to pay it, but the Steelers also can’t choose they value him at $15M and call him up and reasonably expect a signature. 

Yes.  I agree completely.  It would appear that is his number.  However, I disagree with the number.  And it appears the Steelers do too.  I do not think the Steelers thought he'd sign for that.  They are merely stating where they value him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Looks like Kenny is back with 3rd team. This is having too big an impact to base the depth chart on. Defenders are in him by the time he hits the top of his drop. 

I don’t want to overreact but I’m starting to get annoyed we are giving valuable 2nd team reps to Mason over Kenny Pickett. I know it’s early but these practice reps are so so limited. We effing know what Mason is already, Kenny badly needs every rep he can get with a competent o-line.

Urban Meyer got ripped for giving half the 1st team reps to Gardner Minshew over Trevor Lawrence last year just to trade him away before week 1. It’s early, but this is starting to give me the same vibe. 

• Like 1

Saquon Barkley for Diontae Johnson straight up 

I would make him the highest paid RB on a 4 year, $68m extension (5 years, $75m total)

I would keep Warren and cut everyone else. And then pay Najee when Barkley is in year five of his contract.

Both backs keep the tread on the tires. Giants pay Diontae Johnson and cut Kenny Golladay 

Barkley becomes top 10 selling NFL jersey (Whitehall, Penn State)

11 hours ago, Raidersfan1 said:

Saquon Barkley for Diontae Johnson straight up 

I would make him the highest paid RB on a 4 year, $68m extension (5 years, $75m total)

I would keep Warren and cut everyone else. And then pay Najee when Barkley is in year five of his contract.

Both backs keep the tread on the tires. Giants pay Diontae Johnson and cut Kenny Golladay 

Barkley becomes top 10 selling NFL jersey (Whitehall, Penn State)

comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show