Training Camp 2022: Luh-trowb or Lay-trowb?

Dcash4

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm not sure I'd go that far. I thought he looked fine as a rookie, ton of tackles, but nothing crazy. Then his second year he was flying around, but it was only 5 games. He also wasn't taking the ball away or making splash plays like a pro-bowl ILB. I get that he might have improved a lot if he stays healthy, but 5 games can be a flash in the pan. I'm as much of a Bush defender as the next guy, but I still don't think he was worth what it took to get him. 

2 INT, 1 FF, 4 FR, 9 TFL, 1 TD and 3rd in defensive ROTY voting. His rookie year was extremely promising and as you mentioned so was the first 5 games of his sophomore year. 

9 hours ago, warfelg said:

Myles Boykin, Anthony Miller, and Steven Simms listed over Calvin Austin is eye opening. 

Confirmation that they see Baby Heyward as a TE. 

Ogunjobi listed as a starter despite being out tells me how underwhelming the other options must have been. 

Sutton listed as a starter with Wallace/Witherspoon in a battle tells me Sutton has the inside track to starting, and the loser of the other battle is the slot, because we know Tomlin doesn’t change that up much. 

Agreed, this initial depth chart means close to nothing.

51 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I don't know.  Having your 1st rd pick that cost a fortune listed as a co-starter with frickin' Spillane isn't nothing to me. 

Vince williams said something over the off-season (I’m too lazy to find now) that alluded to “Bush could be good if he wanted to be” 

There have been some quotes that make you question Bush’s mentality and drive as a pro and my guess is this is just trying to fuel a fire. 

Like Austin’s not getting cut over a guy like Boykin or Cody White…but Bush might light up seeing himself listed as an “or” with an undrafted meh athlete.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Vince williams said something over the off-season (I’m too lazy to find now) that alluded to “Bush could be good if he wanted to be” 

There have been some quotes that make you question Bush’s mentality and drive as a pro and my guess is this is just trying to fuel a fire. 

Like Austin’s not getting cut over a guy like Boykin or Cody White…but Bush might light up seeing himself listed as an “or” with an undrafted meh athlete.

That's my thinking (hope) too.  But Man, you'd like to have a player that doesn't need all that just to be motivated to be the best they can be.  But I guess we're all built differently inside and out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Mark Madden claims to have a source in the Steelers who said Kenny Pickett won’t play at all in the preseason. Bet it’s the same “source” that told him TJ skipped his exit interview and wanted to be traded. 

I seriously doubt it but what would be the point of them holding him out?

1 hour ago, AFF said:

I seriously doubt it but what would be the point of them holding him out?

I guess it could be they want to give Mitch as many reps as possible to build him up and give Mason as many reps as possible to build his trade value. I don't agree, nor think it's true, but that's all I can think of. 

The only reason you would say that Kenny is being held out is because you wanted people to talk about it -- that's it. It makes no sense whatsoever from a football standpoint. 

You don't play a guy like Chris O so there is virtually no competition for him to get signed to the practice squad. You don't sit your 1st round pick QB who is in a competition for starting. 

I really wish that meaningful thought, accuracy, and knowledge was what drove sports media today....not clicks and comments. 

There will be marginal difference between any of these QB's if they start. The more curious question for me is how the offense will change, if at all. So much was made the last few years out of how everything on offense was about Ben and his limitations as he aged. I argued against that and was labeled a delusional Ben homer and I am very certain that my critics around here will never admit any error on their part.

Early reports from camp are that the offense looks pretty much the same schematically. It is a dink and dunk offense. All those new toys out wide, and you are going to see everyone running routes within 2-10 yards and the only deep shots allowed will be go routes.

4 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

There will be marginal difference between any of these QB's if they start. The more curious question for me is how the offense will change, if at all. So much was made the last few years out of how everything on offense was about Ben and his limitations as he aged. I argued against that and was labeled a delusional Ben homer and I am very certain that my critics around here will never admit any error on their part.

Early reports from camp are that the offense looks pretty much the same schematically. It is a dink and dunk offense. All those new toys out wide, and you are going to see everyone running routes within 2-10 yards and the only deep shots allowed will be go routes.

I’m with you. I have 0 faith in Matt Canada and I’m worried Pickett/Trubisky could end up being the scapegoat for him this year.

16 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I remember reading something about incorporating more RPO and Under Center formations (things Ben could not do).  Or did I just dream about that?

• Like 1