49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, adamq said:

I hope so. I just want 1 summer of happiness before I die. 1 season that doesnt end in misery. 1 time I want to blow a thousand dollars on SB merch. 

But even if it doesn't happen this season, I hope ownership is smart enough to let this play out for a couple years... the weight of the world is being put on Trey's shoulders, and the very questionable OL worries me quite a bit. 

I spent so much money in the 80’s on 9ers merch  lol. I had to pay extra to get it too because living in Ontario Canada it was hard to get.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, N4L said:

I disagree, its going to feel sooooo good next offseason to be reigning champions

Moderately related note: Kyle seemed so much happier at his TC presser this year compared to last year. He seemed pretty wound up last year at this time. Something seemed off and then we got off to a weird start. Dude was stressed. 

He always talks about how he wants guys on his team that he enjoys being around. Makes sense considering you have to spend basically every day with them for several months straight.

I don't know Trey personally but from what I can tell, he seems like a super chill, easy going dude. Not saying that Jimmy isnt, but I am hoping that the reason Kyle seems more relaxed/confident is that he is feeling better about his day to day with Trey than he was with Jimmy.

I mean, Jimmy was basically a ghost during the offseason. He was leading a playboy lifestyle. I dont blame him but I can see why that would drive a coach nuts. This is a year round business.  

I loved the body language from Kittle and Juice while talking about Trey. They weren't just blowing smoke or hyping up their teammate just for the sake of hype. Juice had that twinkle in his eye. 

These guys know. We are going to run sh!t this year. Top 5 defense, top 5 offense by the end of the season. 

PUMPED

In regards to the bolded, I don't remember if it was Kyle or John in the presser yesterday that made mention about Jimmy being gone after the season. I think the term used was "outta here", but in realty it seems like that bothered someone. Kyle appears to want guys that eat and sleep the game. Many have questioned that about Jimmy. His overall dedication to his craft.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

The real story will be the following days and weeks. These guys will be handled with kit gloves all preseason and camp, but it needs to be because the team chooses to do so, not because their bodies can't handle it.

• Like 2

Just now, 49erscap said:

Rather have McKivitz at LT than Skule or a Compton lol.

I wonder why Burford over Moore and Brunskill?

I'd rather have Compton as at least he is an excellent run blocker and I don't think McKivitz is a better pass protector, but I'm with you on Skule. You will not meet anyone on this board who has been more out on Skule than me. 

I wonder if Brunskill is still a little nicked up? He had a knee thing that was bugging him during OTAs, so I wonder if they are just taking it slow with him there. 

The moore thing is interesting...maybe he's still in the doghouse?