49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It never ends. He's sticking around at a reduced salary, baby! 7 year extension incoming!

Would really like Jimmy to finish his career with us…a 10 year deal seems about right.

Edited by 9erFreak77
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

But seriously... Going to be hard for next off-season to match the last two, and that makes me sad

Unless Bosa goes on and requests a trade lol. 

Excited that practice starts tomorrow. Hate how they don't air the one on one match ups any longer on the 49ers YouTube page. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Forge said:

But seriously... Going to be hard for next off-season to match the last two, and that makes me sad

I disagree, its going to feel sooooo good next offseason to be reigning champions

Moderately related note: Kyle seemed so much happier at his TC presser this year compared to last year. He seemed pretty wound up last year at this time. Something seemed off and then we got off to a weird start. Dude was stressed. 

He always talks about how he wants guys on his team that he enjoys being around. Makes sense considering you have to spend basically every day with them for several months straight.

I don't know Trey personally but from what I can tell, he seems like a super chill, easy going dude. Not saying that Jimmy isnt, but I am hoping that the reason Kyle seems more relaxed/confident is that he is feeling better about his day to day with Trey than he was with Jimmy.

I mean, Jimmy was basically a ghost during the offseason. He was leading a playboy lifestyle. I dont blame him but I can see why that would drive a coach nuts. This is a year round business.  

I loved the body language from Kittle and Juice while talking about Trey. They weren't just blowing smoke or hyping up their teammate just for the sake of hype. Juice had that twinkle in his eye. 

These guys know. We are going to run sh!t this year. Top 5 defense, top 5 offense by the end of the season. 

PUMPED

• Like 3

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I disagree, its going to feel sooooo good next offseason to be reigning champions

Moderately related note: Kyle seemed so much happier at his TC presser this year compared to last year. He seemed pretty wound up last year at this time. Something seemed off and then we got off to a weird start. Dude was stressed. 

He always talks about how he wants guys on his team that he enjoys being around. Makes sense considering you have to spend basically every day with them for several months straight.

I don't know Trey personally but from what I can tell, he seems like a super chill, easy going dude. Not saying that Jimmy isnt, but I am hoping that the reason Kyle seems more relaxed/confident is that he is feeling better about his day to day with Trey than he was with Jimmy.

I mean, Jimmy was basically a ghost during the offseason. He was leading a playboy lifestyle. I dont blame him but I can see why that would drive a coach nuts. This is a year round business.  

I loved the body language from Kittle and Juice while talking about Trey. They weren't just blowing smoke or hyping up their teammate just for the sake of hype. Juice had that twinkle in his eye. 

These guys know. We are going to run sh!t this year. Top 5 defense, top 5 offense by the end of the season. 

PUMPED

From your lips to God's ears....

• Like 3

Howe of The Athletic said the 49ers let a team negotiate with Jimmy in the spring but there were concerns on the recovery and nothing came out of it. What team do you think it was? Atlanta? Cleveland? Carolina? 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Howe of The Athletic said the 49ers let a team negotiate with Jimmy in the spring but there were concerns on the recovery and nothing came out of it. What team do you think it was? Atlanta? Cleveland? Carolina? 

Id say Washington & that's why they jumped on Wentz immediately.. or Carolina

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I hope so. I just want 1 summer of happiness before I die. 1 season that doesnt end in misery. 1 time I want to blow a thousand dollars on SB merch. 

But even if it doesn't happen this season, I hope ownership is smart enough to let this play out for a couple years... the weight of the world is being put on Trey's shoulders, and the very questionable OL worries me quite a bit. 

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, adamq said:

Id say Washington & that's why they jumped on Wentz immediately.. or Carolina

This was in the spring though, and by that time, Wentz was already on the team. Washington likely inquired in February and March but it seems like another team popped up, possibly after the draft. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, adamq said:

I hope so. I just want 1 summer of happiness before I die. 1 season that doesnt end in misery. 1 time I want to blow a thousand dollars on SB merch. 

But even if it doesn't happen this season, I hope ownership is smart enough to let this play out for a couple years... the weight of the world is being put on Trey's shoulders, and the very questionable OL worries me quite a bit. 

You and me both. Goodness. In the 4th quarter of that SB, I had already pictured myself leaving work the next morning to grab where merch I could find for me and my dad. Guess that will have to wait....Hopefully not a long wait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

My guess is Carolina. At this point, they really just need someone who can manage an offense.

• Like 1

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

You and me both. Goodness. In the 4th quarter of that SB, I had already pictured myself leaving work the next morning to grab where merch I could find for me and my dad. Guess that will have to wait....Hopefully not a long wait.

Just have to wait until Feb 12, 2023. 6.5 months will go by quickly 😉

• Like 2