NFL 2022-2023 Standings Predictor

Bolts223

*28.2k posts*

*literally says Patriots mod under avi*

"Who even is this man?"

Chicken or the egg isn't a good argument. Also, I didnt mention James Jones for a reason, he NEVER topped 1000 yards. Not sure why you brought him up as a player Aye Aye Ron elevated, because he really didn't. 

23 minutes ago, rthom348 said:

There’s absolutely no precedent or reason to think Rodgers can’t do similar things with the receivers he has.

EXACTLY

43 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

You can say that he will perform regardless, but it isn't any less or more valid a prediction than him having a down year

24 minutes ago, rthom348 said:

So yeah, there’s way more evidence to support the notion that Rodgers will be fine with new receivers vs evidence to support the notion that he won’t be.

Show it to me then. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

*28.2k posts*

*literally says Patriots mod under avi*

"Who even is this man?"

Doesn't show that for me /shrug

Spoiler

Capture.png

Chicken or the egg isn't a good argument.

But it is. Aaron Rodgers has taken second rounders in Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, Greg Jennings, etc. and absolutely produced with them. What is there to make me think Christian Watson can't be the next star he builds?

And while sure, it's possible in the 50/50 yes or no sense of the question that he does struggle without weapons, it's certainly not just as likely given the history of Rodgers. There is far more evidence he will be fine without Adams than he will struggle against the division. 

Show it to me then. 

The evidence is his career lol. He's 56-21-1 against the division. He's a back to back MVP. 

What are we even talking about here? Aaron Rodgers is going to struggle without weapons? Do we really think that's equally likely?

Bro he's the best QB in football. Where is the evidence of him struggling ever, much less without weapons?

6 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Doesn't show that for me /shrug

Reveal hidden contents

Capture.png

But it is. Aaron Rodgers has taken second rounders in Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, Greg Jennings, etc. and absolutely produced with them. What is there to make me think Christian Watson can't be the next star he builds?

And while sure, it's possible in the 50/50 yes or no sense of the question that he does struggle without weapons, it's certainly not just as likely given the history of Rodgers. There is far more evidence he will be fine without Adams than he will struggle against the division. 

The evidence is his career lol. He's 56-21-1 against the division. He's a back to back MVP. 

What are we even talking about here? Aaron Rodgers is going to struggle without weapons? Do we really think that's equally likely?

Bro he's the best QB in football. Where is the evidence of him struggling ever, much less without weapons?

Thank you. I was going to say the same thing, but glad I kept reading and saw your post. Now I don’t have to bother lol. 

And Deadpulse, get over yourself man. I hardly ever go on this site. Check my history or whatever and you’ll see how often I post. Idk who you are, but I assume you’re on here more than I am. I didn’t know you’re a Pats fan. All I saw was somebody (you) say the Packers would go 2-4 in their division. I didn’t research you or look further than that. I even said, “I stopped reading.”  So sorry for throwing a player on your team under the bus. It really was a coincidence. That’s actually a little funny to me, but nonetheless, it wasn’t intentional. Go Packers. 

LMAO at the Rodgers elevates 2nd rounders. Sure he does... usually in year 3. Get back to us in 2024.

Nelson had 366 yards and 2 TDs as a rookie. He had 320 and 2 in year 2.

Adams had 446 and 3 in year 1. He had 483 and 1 in year 2.

Cobb had 375 and 1 and then a nice year 2 with 954 and 8

Ty Montgomery and Amari Rodgers were invisible 3rd round picks.

Jones and Jennings did have 600+ rookie seasons... with Favre.  JJ 676 and 2  GJ 632 and 3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

LMAO at the Rodgers elevates 2nd rounders. Sure he does... usually in year 3. Get back to us in 2024.

Jones and Jennings did have 600+ rookie seasons... with Favre.  JJ 676 and 2  GJ 632 and 3

That’s a fair point. I think it moreso plays into what Deadpulse mentioned more than anything though. Rodgers usually has had 1 to 2 solid receivers, yet the Packers would still draft another receiver in round 2, so there wasn’t much need to elevate that new receiver in year 1. This year, there is a need. But honestly, I’m not even basing my argument on the success of Christian Watson. I’m simply stating that Rodgers will be fine with the combination of Lazard, Watkins, Watson, Doubs, Cobb, and Am. Rodgers. His job shouldn’t be too difficult given the fact that they have solid running backs, a defense that should get them the ball back more often, the skill level Rodgers possesses….

….and the NFCN blows and has been property of 12 for a long time. 

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Well Nelson's rookie year, Rodgers was busy dropping 1200 and 1000 yards to Jennings and Driver, so he didn't start.

Adams did start, but Rodgers was busy dropping 1300 and 1500 yards to Cobb and Nelson

Cobb didn't start any games either, and Rodgers was busy dropping 1250 and 950 to Nelson and Jennings

----------------

So, sure I will concede it's not fair to expect Watson to destroy year 1, given history.

But by that token -> Sammy Watkins and Lazard about to drop 1000+ each right?

1 minute ago, rthom348 said:

That’s a fair point. I think it moreso plays into what Deadpulse mentioned more than anything though. Rodgers usually has had 1 to 2 solid receivers, yet the Packers would still draft another receiver in round 2, so there wasn’t much need to elevate that new receiver in year 1. This year, there is a need. But honestly, I’m not even basing my argument on the success of Christian Watson. I’m simply stating that Rodgers will be fine with the combination of Lazard, Watkins, Watson, Doubs, Cobb, and Am. Rodgers. His job shouldn’t be too difficult given the fact that they have solid running backs, a defense that should get them the ball back more often, the skill level Rodgers possesses….

….and the NFCN blows and has been property of 12 for a long time. 

The Lions and Vikings will be better and the Packers have huge questions at every offensive position besides RT, RB and QB.

Bahktiari may never be right again.

The interior line has potential but you have to see that first.

Tonyan is a dude who had a bunch of TDs one year and did nothing the rest of his career.

Cobb is a dinosaur.

Watkins gets hurt getting out of bed.

I like Lazard as a 2, I guess.

Rodgers had the same skill level in 2018 when they were 6-9-1. He does not get anything for free.

9 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Well Nelson's rookie year, Rodgers was busy dropping 1200 and 1000 yards to Jennings and Driver, so he didn't start.

Adams did start, but Rodgers was busy dropping 1300 and 1500 yards to Cobb and Nelson

Cobb didn't start any games either, and Rodgers was busy dropping 1250 and 950 to Nelson and Jennings

----------------

So, sure I will concede it's not fair to expect Watson to destroy year 1, given history.

But by that token -> Sammy Watkins and Lazard about to drop 1000+ each right?

Yeah, that was a real honest assessment.

We all know that hobbles Watkins and Lazard are exactly like peak Nelson, Cobb, and Jennings.

On 7/29/2022 at 2:43 AM, NYRaider said:

AFC East

1. Bills: 14-3

2. Dolphins: 10-7

3. Patriots: 8-9

4. Jets: 4-13

AFC North

1. Bengals: 12-5

2. Ravens: 12-5

3. Browns: 5-12

4. Steelers: 4-13

AFC South:

1. Titans: 10-7

2. Colts: 8-9

3. Jaguars: 4-13

4. Texans: 2-15

AFC West:

1. Raiders: 12-5

2. Chiefs: 12-5

3. Chargers: 12-5

4. Broncos: 8-9

----------------

NFC East

1. Cowboys: 13-4

2. Eagles: 12-5

3. Commanders: 7-10

4. Giants: 4-13

NFC North:

1. Vikings: 11-6

2. Packers: 10-7

3. Lions: 9-8

4. Bears: 2-15

NFC South:

1. Saints: 12-5

2. Buccaneers: 12-5

3. Falcons: 4-13

4. Panthers: 4-13

NFC West

1. Rams: 12-5

2. 49ers: 12-5

3. Cardinals: 11-6

4. Seahawks: 2-15

-------------

Wild Card

3. Raiders over 6. Chargers

5. Chiefs over 4. Titans

2. Bengals over 7. Ravens

-----------

5. 49ers over 4. Vikings

6. Buccaneers over 3. Rams

7. Eagles over 2. Saints

------------------

Divisional Round

3. Raiders over 2. Bengals

1. Bills over 5. Chiefs

------------

7. Eagles over 1. Cowboys

5. 49ers over 6. Buccaneers

------------------

Conference Championships

3. Raiders over 1. Bills

5. 49ers over 7. Eagles

----------------------

Super Bowl

Raiders over 49ers

There’s no way 5 AFC teams will be 12-5 especially 3 in the same division lol.

Edited by Blackstar12

58 minutes ago, Soggust said:

What are we even talking about here?

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:
3 hours ago, rthom348 said:

As soon as I saw someone post that Green Bay will go 2-4 in the NFCN, I stopped paying attention. There’s literally zero reason to think that could possibly happen  minus a Rodgers season-ending injury. The dude blasts that division every year. 

not defending the 2-4 in the NFCN but.... He does have no weapons so I wouldn't say ZERO reasons. 

the plot was lost awhile ago

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Lions and Vikings will be better and the Packers have huge questions at every offensive position besides RT, RB and QB.

Bahktiari may never be right again.

The interior line has potential but you have to see that first.

Tonyan is a dude who had a bunch of TDs one year and did nothing the rest of his career.

Cobb is a dinosaur.

Watkins gets hurt getting out of bed.

I like Lazard as a 2, I guess.

Rodgers had the same skill level in 2018 when they were 6-9-1. He does not get anything for free.

The Lions will be better because it’s hard to be much worse, but sure. 

Why will the Vikings be better? Haven’t they been stacked on offense for years and don’t do much with it? You mention the Packers question marks, yet you’re willing to bring up the Lions and Vikings? They have a new coach and have the same quarterback who hasn’t taken advantage of a great offense around him. 

Nonetheless, you’re right about the Packers’ question marks. I’m just comfortable putting stock in Rodgers answering those questions. 

2018 is fair to bring up. But also, again, I’m very comfortable in Rodgers’ success since LaFleur arrived (main reason being the added emphasis on a run game, which they have two good backs for). We’re arguing whether Rodgers will struggle and that’s mainly due to the loss of Adams. Adams wasn’t really ‘that dude’ until LaFleur’s arrival, so that’s why I’m looking at this from LaFleur’s tenure. 

Do you guys seriously think Rodgers is going 2-4 in the North? Do you guys seriously think Rodgers is going to have a rough season? 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

the plot was lost awhile ago

You probably should've just ended your statement after “not defending the 2-4 in the NFCN”

Like I said, the ONLY way that’s happening is if Rodgers isn’t playing. 

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Oh, so you're saying he's going to throw for 4400yds 25:2 with a 97.6rtg at almost 7 ANY/A?          

My bad, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying he was going to struggle without weapons.

15 hours ago, rthom348 said:

Like I said, the ONLY way that’s happening is if Rodgers isn’t playing. 

With the league's best defensive roster and the division's best O-Line, even Jordan Love would be favored in at least 4 games.  Despite the mediocre WRs, a healthy Aaron Rodgers is dealt 5 NFC-North games and will likely be favored in the sixth (i.e. in Minnesota).