Nope

Mox

Jordan Peele's newest flick comes out tomorrow. He (or his team) might be the best in the business at putting out trailers because they always look amazing. 

Get Out was a good movie and massive success. Us imo was garbage but still made a lot of money for its budget. Early reviews have called Nope extremely ambitious. 

Discuss.

Made it into a 730pm show 

There was definitely a lot of meat on the bones after the trailers. Was a fun different sort of film from Peele. Dip into more of a blockbuster realm.

Was also very clear at some point that it’s very much an homage to another film, and one of my favorite films ever.

I’ll name it below so people can opt into seeing what I mean.

Spoiler

It was very much Jaws.

And some spoiler thoughts on that and the film

Spoiler

It was fun to see Peele fake us from what we expect from him. Instead of a creepier Signs / alien invasion movie, we got a Jaws / Giant Monster predator movie. Instead the ocean he used rolling hills and cloudy skies.

Even down to the final shots it was pretty much 1to1 with Jaws. Em is Brody, the alien is the shark, the wishing well camera is the gun and The winking cowboy ballon is the oxygen tank. Then OJ/Hopper arrives out of nowhere after the shot hits.

Just a fun new way to do that story. And makes me wonder if Peele might want to do a sequel to it. The surprise is ruined, but you could Jaws 2 it. The escalation makes even more sense potentially.