Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

again, lattimore played about half the game. vacarro isnt pro bowl caliber in the way the pro bowl is intended and if aj klien is your top lb that kinda speaks about the level if the saints d. 

anytime an offense does well, which has basically been any good offense, theres an excuse to go with why.

HAHAHA yikes. It's amazing to see how wrong someone can be. Just completely oblivious, but keeps posting anyway. Lattimore played nowhere near an entire half. When he was in the game the Saints gave up a whopping 3 points if memory serves me right as he shut down the Redskins WR in the endzone on his only target before getting hurt. Yeah Vacarro certainly has been a pro bowl caliber safety this season. How does it speak about the level of the Saints D if AJ is our top LB? Because he was behind the best LB in the NFL for years in Carolina? How much of AJ have you watched this season? I know the answer don't bother it was rhetorical..

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

HAHAHA Lattimore played half? That's news to me. Maybe watch the game before making uneducated remarks. A guy that was benched and had a fire lit under his behind. He's been playing like a pro bowl caliber safety since his benching. Again you are making horribly uneducated remarks. Vacarro has been excellent in the slot/covering TE's this year. 7 pass breakups, 3 picks. Yeah AJ Klein he's been our most solid LB all year. We don't have a ton of depth behind him, so losing him hurt as evidenced by Mauti missing several tackles yesterday, but you obviously wouldn't know that as you clearly don't ever watch the Saints. No I hang my hat on dominating Cam Newton, Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler, Mitch Trubisky, Jameis Winston, Brett Hundley, and Tyrod Taylor. Giving all of them some of their worst outings of the year. 

already corrected how much he played, bud. you didnt really dominate even half those guys, and outside of 1 guy (maybe 2, but not really) its a whose who of crappy qbs. amd i cant take a giy serioisly who says x is a good player becauss he has x amount of interceptions/pass break ups.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

already corrected how much he played, bud. you didnt really dominate even half those guys, and outside of 1 guy (maybe 2, but not really) its a whose who of crappy qbs. amd i cant take a giy serioisly who says x is a good player becauss he has x amount of interceptions/pass break ups.

And I can’t take a guy seriously who is stating incorrect “facts” about a game he clearly didn’t watch.

6 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

He didn’t even play one whole series.

What are you talking about?

already been corrected and apologized for. to be clear, what are you arguing? the saints as  dominant defense as one guy says. why when they play good offense do they get scored on?

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

already been corrected and apologized for. to be clear, what are you arguing? the saints as  dominant defense as one guy says. why when they play good offense do they get scored on?

You realize that many of the players that helped them play so well was missing right?  Lattimore played 1 series total, if that.  Vacarro, who was benched, has turned it around and has played really well during the 7 game streak when he was on the field, which many other teams have had players that have started out cold and became hot and vice-versa over the years.  AJ Klein has actually been really solid, he's not Kuechly, which is why he never saw the field much behind him, but he is a very solid starting LB, which sometimes is all you need, not everyone is going to be the best at their position, but if they don't make mistakes and make a few plays, then that's more than enough.

Now that being said, the Saints MIGHT be the best team, but honestly, I think any of the top 5 are interchangeable and can beat the other regardless of where a game is played and you can even toss the Rams as a dark horse team that could be there as well.  This is going to be a great playoffs.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why when they play good offense do they get scored on?

Even good defenses get scored on sometimes. Especially when you’re missing the guys we were yesterday.

Dominant defenses pick off Cam Newton 3 times, they also score 3 TDs against the the Lions offense while holding them to the same number of TDs , they also shutout the Dolphins and hold the Bills and Bucs to 3 each points until garbage time. It took two 4th quarter fumbles by Mark Ingram to even give the Bears offense a chance.

Good defenses are supposed to beat up on bad teams, which they’ve done. It’s not like they’re barely scraping by.  They don’t get to pick their schedule.

22 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Oh did you? I could have sworn you posted multiple times saying played "about half the game", "ok buddy. lattimore played what, half that game?" "again, lattimore played about half ( or a 1/4, apologies)"

He played 1 series in the 1st quarter, and 1 PLAY in the 2nd half. In a game that went into OT, I find 1/4 of a game hard to believe..

Please tell me which one's we didn't dominate then?

Some more info regarding Kenny Vacarro:

"Kenny Vaccaro, who has allowed just 18 catches from 29 targets this year, logged three interceptions, and is still yet to surrender a touchdown in coverage."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-week-11-preview-redskins-at-saints

"That has allowed Kenny Vaccaro—no stranger to position switches over his five seasons—to play 285 of his 455 snaps as at cornerback, with most of those coming in the slot. And Vaccaro is giving up a passer rating of just 40.7, which ranks third-lowest in the league among CBs, according to PFF."

https://deadspin.com/how-the-saints-defense-finally-got-its-act-together-1820215988

So yeah tell me more how you can't take me seriously because of interceptions/pass breakups there champ..

Out of the 2 of us I'm the only one digging deeper than silly responses lacking any substance, so please do better this time if you want to attempt a real discussion here. 

28 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

already corrected how much he played, bud

No you didn’t. You said he played a quarter.

Just counted, he played 6 snaps in a game that went to overtime. A bit shy of a quarter, don’t you think?

You say you can’t take another poster seriously and get caught making false claims twice. Get outta here with that, bud. ;)

How many Saints games have you watched this year? And I mean watched, I don’t mean you watch the highlights and glanced at the box score. I mean how many games have you actually watched?

20 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Even good defenses get scored on sometimes. Especially when you’re missing the guys we were yesterday.

Dominant defenses pick off Cam Newton 3 times, they also score 3 TDs against the the Lions offense while holding them to the same number of TDs , they also shutout the Dolphins and hold the Bills and Bucs to 3 each points until garbage time. It took two 4th quarter fumbles by Mark Ingram to even give the Bears offense a chance.

Good defenses are supposed to beat up on bad teams, which they’ve done. It’s not like they’re barely scraping by.  They don’t get to pick their schedule.

yea, its not once in a  while a good offense scores on the saints. its been pretty consistent taht good offenses score on the saints and bad offenses dont. that dows happen to dominant defenses.

36 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yea, its not once in a  while a good offense scores on the saints. its been pretty consistent taht good offenses score on the saints and bad offenses dont. that dows happen to dominant defenses.

Good offenses are supposed to score points against all defenses, that’s what makes them good offenses.

Doninant, great, elite, fantastic, whatever adjective you want to use, defenses get scored on almost every single week. It’s very rare to pitch a shutout. Show me a great defense and I’ll show you bad teams that found way to score on them.

That said, the Saints haven’t been a dominant defense in every game. They came out flat vs Redskins, regardless of who was out of the game. And they got torched in the first two weeks before getting heir feet under them. 

But they’ve also totally dominated in handful of games as well. 3 defensive TDs against the Lions, 3 picks of Cam Newton in Carolina, a shutout against Miami, 3 points until garbage time given up against the Bucs and the Bills. Those are dominating performances. 

So if you don’t want to call the Saints a dominant defense because they got scored on by some great offenses, fine. But when they’re not looking average at worst against good offenses, they’re looking downright NASTY against the bad ones.

31 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Good offenses are supposed to score points against all defenses, that’s what makes them good offenses.

Doninant, great, elite, fantastic, whatever adjective you want to use, defenses get scored on almost every single week. It’s very rare to pitch a shutout. Show me a great defense and I’ll show you bad teams that found way to score on them.

That said, the Saints haven’t been a dominant defense in every game. They came out flat vs Redskins, regardless of who was out of the game. And they got torched in the first two weeks before getting heir feet under them. 

But they’ve also totally dominated in handful of games as well. 3 defensive TDs against the Lions, 3 picks of Cam Newton in Carolina, a shutout against Miami, 3 points until garbage time given up against the Bucs and the Bills. Those are dominating performances. 

So if you don’t want to call the Saints a dominant defense because they got scored on by some great offenses, fine. But when they’re not looking average at worst against good offenses, they’re looking downright NASTY against the bad ones.

defensive tds  alone dont make a dominant outing for one. second,  you readily admit theyre average against good offenses and only "dominant" against bad ones. how would that qual im anyones head to them being dominant overall?

Archived