Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

12 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Are you intentionally being obtuse?

Both the Vikings and Saints have the same record.

The Vikings beat the Saints.

The Saints have no reason being ranked higher than the Vikings.

They are ranked higher than the Saints.  They own the tiebreaker and have the second seed.

This is power rankings though, essentially comes down to personal opinion.

I think it's close, Saints didn't have their best unit on the field in week 1.  Vikings have lost some guys since week 1.  Vikings are powering through it though, and have a more reliable defense IMO.  Saints have also figured out how they need to play.

Vikings might be the better team, but not necessarily because they won the week 1 matchup.

6 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

They are ranked higher than the Saints.  They own the tiebreaker and have the second seed.

This is power rankings though, essentially comes down to personal opinion.

I think it's close, Saints didn't have their best unit on the field in week 1.  Vikings have lost some guys since week 1.  Vikings are powering through it though, and have a more reliable defense IMO.  Saints have also figured out how they need to play.

Vikings might be the better team, but not necessarily because they won the week 1 matchup.

Agreed it's one thing if a person feels the Vikings are better due to their Defense or whatever other personnel argument, but to say they beat the Saints week 1 is about the weakest argument I've seen. As we've covered earlier. Football teams progress/regress throughout the season. A week 1 game means very little.

29 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Are you intentionally being obtuse?

Both the Vikings and Saints have the same record.

The Vikings beat the Saints.

The Saints have no reason being ranked higher than the Vikings.

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

You're stating standings based on records and tiebreakers, this thread is not "Do the Saint have the best record?"

10 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Agreed it's one thing if a person feels the Vikings are better due to their Defense or whatever other personnel argument, but to say they beat the Saints week 1 is about the weakest argument I've seen. As we've covered earlier. Football teams progress/regress throughout the season. A week 1 game means very little.

Ok, Vikings have both a top 5 offense and defense and beat the Saints.

1 minute ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Ok, Vikings have both a top 5 offense and defense and beat the Saints.

Cool, they have had some surprising success on offense despite some key injuries, and their defense continues to be a great unit.

However beating a Saints team that had several key guys that weren't on the field/still getting their roles figured out...Doesn't do much for me. I know Cook/Bradford had good games week 1, but for some reason I don't think they are going to do much in the playoffs if there is a rematch.. In other words, the Vikings are also a much different team now as well. I'm sure it will be a great game if there is a rematch though.

20 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Right, well we throttled the Saints and have both a top 5 offense and defense.

Again, obtuse?

Not anymore you’re not. Just wanted some reasoning for your (perfectly valid) opinion.

You’ve certainly watched a lot more Vikings football than I have this year. If you want to talk about how the Vikings are better than the Saints, I’m sure you have better reasoning for it than their record and a one game sample size.

Football isn’t that simple, any given week, yadda yadda.

18 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Right, well we throttled the Saints and have both a top 5 offense and defense.

Again, obtuse?

I'll say this. All things considered at this point int the season, with the games both teams had today, I think the threads name should be changed to "Are the Vikings the best team in the football?" I wasn't sure this was a team that could rely on Case Keenum as a starter, they/he have proved me wrong. I have no qualms saying the Vikes are the better team after today.

5 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Not anymore you’re not. Just wanted some reasoning for your (perfectly valid) opinion.

You’ve certainly watched a lot more Vikings football than I have this year. If you want to talk about how the Vikings are better than the Saints, I’m sure you have better reasoning for it than their record and a one game sample size.

Football isn’t that simple, any given week, yadda yadda.

Fair point. Still, my base point stands. If two teams have the same records and one beat the other, the other shouldn't be considered better. 

Archived