Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I honestly dont understand the argument that the Eagles havent played anyone yet the Saints have. They have both played pretty comperable schedules 

I agree. Eagles are the #1 team in the league right now, with the Saints being a close 2nd. 

Just now, Duff Man said:

Lmao @ the Saints being above the vikings.  Minnesota just dominated the Rams. 

Dominate the Rams + put in our backs = Rams are better.

Dominate the Saints + keep getting better all season = Saints are better.

All I hear from said teams when we dominate them is excuses. Since the regular season head-to-head matchups don't seem to be enough, we will just let the postseason do the talking.

2 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Lmao @ the Saints being above the vikings.  Minnesota just dominated the Rams. 

And the Vikings lost to the Lions who the Saints dominated... point?  There is a very real question of who the top teams in the NFL are between the Eagles, Patriots, Steelers, Saints, and Vikings.  The H2H with the Saints and Patriots/Vikings doesn't seem to hold much weight as the Saints have seemed to be a different team since trading away Adrian Peterson.  I think those 5 teams are the favorites for the Super Bowl and how you rank them can be rather fluid.

18 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I agree, between Saints vs Redskins and Rams, and Rams vs Vikings and Saints, the next two weeks will tell us a lot about the NFC.  

Saints still need one pretty important win to help clinch the NFC South, a division so many seem to think they have already locked up.

3 minutes ago, RedRider said:

All I hear from said teams when we dominate them is excuses. Since the regular season head-to-head matchups don't seem to be enough, we will just let the postseason do the talking.

Vikings are a great team, but the H2H with the Saints doesn't hold much as both teams are drastically different than when they played and most definitely the postseason will decide which team is the best.  I think that there is just a tier of Saints/Vikings/Philly/Pitt/NE and however you want to rank them is right now is correct as they are interchangeable, but you will find the Super Bowl match-up and champion from that combination of 5.

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Saints still need one pretty important win to help clinch the NFC South, a division so many seem to think they have already locked up.

I don't think that at all.  We're completely capable of laying an egg, like we almost did today.  

10 minutes ago, RedRider said:

You don't think a team can have a bad game?  Like you did vs Steelers and Lions.

9 minutes ago, Raves said:

And the Vikings lost to the Lions who the Saints dominated... point?  There is a very real question of who the top teams in the NFL are between the Eagles, Patriots, Steelers, Saints, and Vikings.  The H2H with the Saints and Patriots/Vikings doesn't seem to hold much weight as the Saints have seemed to be a different team since trading away Adrian Peterson.  I think those 5 teams are the favorites for the Super Bowl and how you rank them can be rather fluid.

The Vikes lost to the Lions, a division rival. Divisional games are always close given the familiarity. Will see who wins on Thursday, I don't think Detroit can beat MN right now.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

The Vikes lost to the Lions, a division revival. Divisional games are always close given the familiarity. Will see who wins on Thursday, I don't think Detroit can beat MN right now.

And I don't think the Saints would lose to the Vikings again, well as long as it's a game with Vacarro, Lattimore, and Klein healthy and playing, which are all just likely marked as questionable with ankle/groin injuries so not out of the realm of possibility for the next match-up and even the Rams game.

16 minutes ago, Raves said:

Vikings are a great team, but the H2H with the Saints doesn't hold much as both teams are drastically different than when they played and most definitely the postseason will decide which team is the best.  I think that there is just a tier of Saints/Vikings/Philly/Pitt/NE and however you want to rank them is right now is correct as they are interchangeable, but you will find the Super Bowl match-up and champion from that combination of 5.

Panthers have a top three defense and arguably the best in the NFC with head-to-head games still coming up against the Saints and Vikings.  Panthers have a chance still at taking the #2 seed, I think it is a bit too early not to consider them a candidate.

7 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Panthers have a top three defense and arguably the best in the NFC with head-to-head games still coming up against the Saints and Vikings.  Panthers have a chance still at taking the #2 seed, I think it is a bit too early not to consider them a candidate.

They also have the most work to do to get back in contention. Don't think anyone is saying they are out of it, but they just have a tougher road ahead.

Just now, tyler735 said:

They also have the most work to do to get back in contention. Don't think anyone is saying they are out of it, but they just have a tougher road ahead.

How so?  If the Saints lose next week (they play the Rams) and the Panthers win (they play the Jets), both teams will be 8-3 heading into Week 13. It isn't like they are 5-5 or something.  Past that, they would play the more than likely Rodgers-less Packers, Buccaneers, Falcons, and Vikings in a 4 game stretch that includes 3 home games.

Just now, iknowcool said:

How so?  If the Saints lose next week (they play the Rams) and the Panthers win (they play the Jets), both teams will be 8-3 heading into Week 13. It isn't like they are 5-5 or something.  Past that, they would play the more than likely Rodgers-less Packers, Buccaneers, Falcons, and Vikings in a 4 game stretch that includes 3 home games.

Because you literally just had to start your reponse by saying "If" such and such happens. That already in itself signifies a tougher road ahead. On top of that the Saints already won head 2 head on the road, which means it's going to be a tougher environment for the Panthers to win in New Orleans. 

Archived