Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

Saints have had the 3rd most difficult SoS in the NFC... 2nd strongest SoV in the NFC and are the only current post-season NFC team to be in the top 5 in the Conference for both.... I'd say that they're the best team in football. Unlike the rest of the NFC (except maybe the Vikings) they're battle tested.

38 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Saints have had the 3rd most difficult SoS in the NFC... 2nd strongest SoV in the NFC and are the only current post-season NFC team to be in the top 5 in the Conference for both.... I'd say that they're the best team in football. Unlike the rest of the NFC (except maybe the Vikings) they're battle tested.

The Rams are battle tested as well. No team in the NFL had to go through a 3 game stretch traveling like the Rams did. They traveled to Jacksonville, Arizona (London), then New York. I believe that’s like 4,000 miles, yet the Rams went 3-0 outscoring those teams 111-24. The Rams are the second most traveled team in the NFL. For the second youngest team, having the youngest coach in the NFL, to travel that much and still be this successful, I think that’s impressive. 

18 hours ago, Duff Man said:

That's pretty neat and all but it doesn't cover up the fact that NO couldn't score a TD until garbage time in MN. 

If they meet again in the playoffs the vikings are going to steamroll them again. They're just a much better team. 

The Vikings also lost Sam Bradford...and the Saints we're clearly a worse team when they were trying to force feed AP the rock. They essentially added a great CB in Ken Crawley, who didn't play against Minnesota, and the offense has been much better.

I don't think any team in the NFC stands a chance against these Saints. I do think the Patriots and Chiefs would present big challenges for them in the Super Bowl though.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

For some reason, that I can't even really explain, I just don't trust the Eagles. I feel like a collapse is coming but I have legitimately zero reasoning for it.

One area we should definitely have the advantage come post season, is veteran QB and coach who have already won a superbowl and have a winning record in the postseason since 2006.  But those Rams and Eagles just have so many weapons, I fear they'll find and expose our weakness on D.

5 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

One area we should definitely have the advantage come post season, is veteran QB and coach who have already won a superbowl and have a winning record in the postseason since 2006.  But those Rams and Eagles just have so many weapons, I fear they'll find and expose our weakness on D.

Id be more concerned with the Rams honestly. Eagles secondary is meh, and I don't like/trust their running game. Gurley would be a nightmare for the Saints.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Id be more concerned with the Rams honestly. Eagles secondary is meh, and I don't like/trust their running game. Gurley would be a nightmare for the Saints.

Eagles have a good run defense, and we've been primarily a running team this year.  

12 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

For some reason, that I can't even really explain, I just don't trust the Eagles. I feel like a collapse is coming but I have legitimately zero reasoning for it.

If I could pinpoint one area, it would be their Gym Shorts (read as Jim Scwartz) defensive scheme. Not a fan of his heavy reliance of pure execution and little emphasis on strategy and flexibility. It often, and history indicates as so,  has failed in the postseason when facing the better teams of the NFL when it counts.

44 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Not sure what more PHI have to do to prove they are the best, currently. 

Fully expecting them to dismantle Dallas tomorrow, as well.

Anyone who is skeptical of their SoS and SoV is certainly justified in wanting them to win against tougher competition. It's been a fair question to ask about the Lions, Seahawks and Dolphins last year, the Panthers and Redskins of 2015, and the Panthers and Lions of 2014. The only two teams with low SoS and SoV to make noice are the 2015(or 16 don't remember) Pats and 2014 Colts. Granted the Eagles look a lot better than all these other teams but being tested in the regular season is important. I would also say that the other thing that may detract from this is that the Eagles are right around the middle of the pack in terms of health so they've overcome some adversity in that regard. But the fact that the Saints are slightly more injured than them and done so against a tougher SoS and have a better SoV mean that anyone not annointing the Eagles based on a one game difference isn't hating. Very well should be the NFCCG barring an upset from the Panthers somewhere.

Archived