Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

The great team about having been an offensive juggernaut the past few years is that our offense has just as many weapons to expose their D so it could always come down to who makes fewer mistakes in a shootout.

Eh, I don't know about that.  We certainly have a capable offense, no doubt about that, but this Eagles team is turning second year Carson Wentz into a legitimate MVP candidate.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

Eh, I don't know about that.  We certainly have a capable offense, no doubt about that, but this Eagles team is turning second year Carson Wentz into a legitimate MVP candidate.

Don't get me wrong, unlike in years past I'm not confident in being able to win a shootout, but just saying that we have the same amount of options as they do to exploit.  If anything I think the game plan would be to control the clock with the running game as we have been, but also use the options we do have to help keep the chains moving in a slow methodical manner.  A few deep shots to keep the defense honest and a heavy dose of short to intermediate passes off the play action.

1 minute ago, navysaintsfan said:

It's still hard not to say the Eagles are #1. Hell I can make an argument for the Rams as #2. That will be a great head to head soon.

Assuming all the current division leaders stay the course, the NFC playoffs should be fun to watch this year.

15 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

It's still hard not to say the Eagles are #1. Hell I can make an argument for the Rams as #2. That will be a great head to head soon.

Wasn't there a petition or something to make Rams vs Saints a prime time game?  This might be game of the year.

4 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Are we talking about the same Saints team that got absolutely spanked by Minnesota week 1?

They couldn't score a TD until garbage time then, what makes people think they'll be able to in January?

Are you talking about the same Vikings team that scored 7 points against the Lions?  

9 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Are you talking about the same Vikings team that scored 7 points against the Lions?  

Lions held them to 7 but the Saints gave up 29. You're not helping the "Saints are the best team" argument here.

Losing Dalvin in that game completely flatlined the team that day.  

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Lions held them to 7 but the Saints gave up 29. You're not helping the "Saints are the best team" argument here.

Lions held them to 7 but Saints scored 52 on the Lions?  

So losing Dalvin hurt them, but having three injured starting lineman didn't hurt the Saints when they played the Vikings?  

Are you being silly on purpose?

Are we talking about the same Saints team that got absolutely spanked by Minnesota week 1?

They couldn't score a TD until garbage time then, what makes people think they'll be able to in January?

No, thankfully as a Saints fan, we certainly aren't talking about the same Saints team from week 1.

The Saints have their OL firing on all cylinders now. Armstead (healthy), Peat (playing LG instead of tackle), Unger (healthy), Warford (healthy), Ramczyk (Now has more experience/playing RT instead of LT) 

The Saints have their RB's firing on all cylinders. Kamara has come a long way since week 1 and has been a great weapon for the Saints on the ground and through the air.

Despite this the Saints offense had no issues moving the ball, they just weren't capitalizing week 1 vs. the Vikings. It would certainly be a different match-up now that we have our players healthy, and have some key rookies that have started making significant strides throughout the season on offense.

On defense, we have made a ton of changes. Most important from our week 1 match up is the duo of Lattimore/Crawley. We've also allowed Vaccaro to play in a spot that suits his ability's more with Marcus Williams stepping up as a deep safety. In other words our secondary has been phenomenal during our 7 game win streak, and is much different than what you saw in week 1. Our defensive line has also improved throughout the year and we have been getting a lot more pressure on the QB now. 

As for the Vikings. They have lost Bradford, and Cook. Football isn't a static sport. Teams evolve for better/worse over the course of a season. Using week 1 as an arguing point is always going to be a weak argument.

The Saints defense scored 21 points against the Lions. Or in other words more than the Vikings offense could score against the Lions..

Archived