Are the Saints the Best Team in Football?

goldfishwars

Are the Saints the Best Team in football?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Saints the Best Team in football?

Just to point out again at this poitn of the thread, a Saints fan didn't start the thread.  I would also like to point out that most Saints fans have argued that we might be, but we don't think we are, it's likely the Eagles,, that we will know more over the next few weeks where the Saints are positioned, especially this week against the Redskins followed by the Rams.  Most of our comments are to counter the ignorance that is being spewed by a few, one specifically, that I feel is truly just trolling at this point.

42 minutes ago, Raves said:

Just to point out again at this poitn of the thread, a Saints fan didn't start the thread.  I would also like to point out that most Saints fans haven't argued that we might be, but we don't think we are, it's likely the Eagles,, that we will know more over the next few weeks where the Saints are positioned, especially this week against the Rams.  Most of our comments are to counter the ignorance that is being spewed by a few, one specifically, that I feel is truly just trolling at this point.

You don't play the Rams this week.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

You don't play the Rams this week.

My bad, I must've gotten the weeks mixed up, it's the Redskins then the Rams, but after those 2 games, we will definitely know the landscape of the NFC, and the Saints.

7 minutes ago, Raves said:

My bad, I must've gotten the weeks mixed up, it's the Redskins then the Rams, but after those 2 games, we will definitely know the landscape of the NFC, and the Saints.

I agree, between Saints vs Redskins and Rams, and Rams vs Vikings and Saints, the next two weeks will tell us a lot about the NFC.  

Then the Rams go on to play the Eagles, which will be another huge game.

1 minute ago, everlong said:

Remember when everyone said Payton needed to go? Good times.

It was said as recently as week 3.  And to be fair, it was deserved.  The Saints went from historically bad defense to elite defense in 1 week.  

Now i'm not saying we are REALLY a top 3 defense, but since week 3, we've been playing like it.  And our offense has been as efficient as it's ever been, and dominant.  I've always liked Payton, I'm glad I don't have to call for his job anymore.

3 minutes ago, everlong said:

Remember when everyone said Payton needed to go? Good times.

To be fair,  he went 7-9 in 3 out of 4 years with a HOF QB and a great oline. Pretty inexcusable.

He’s doing things differently and turned it around now, but hindsight is 20/20. People who wanted Payton gone had very valid points.

I'll simplify this, the Vikings dominated the Saints by picking on Devante Harris ALL game, whenb Lattimore was on Diggs, he shut him down, same when on Theilen, they just went after whoever Harris was guarding. Crawley was inactive at the time but not now, that just wouldn't fly now because Crawley has been outstanding. 

Not to mention the Saints have the youngest D in the league and it took time for them to gel. If the Saints meet the Vikings in the playoffs I'd be more than happy to make a bet with anyone on here who the winner is. 

Archived