Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

32 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

A slot corner getting beat with a double move off the line and allowing an easy pass on an inside slant. I feel like I've seen that before. Just hope it don't happen this season.

That many moves by Mooney with his speed in open space is difficult.

Like guarding Allen Iverson at top of the key.

28 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Gordon will see this and much more in week 1 against Deebo.

You're assuming JJ won't be covering him. Additionally, some players are just harder to cover than others. That's what makes them elite. I would be concerned if Dazz Newsome were putting moves on him not so much from Mooney. Also, if Mooney weren't able to shake him we would be saying that our No. 1 receiver couldn't get open against a rookie. Works both ways.

4 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

You're assuming JJ won't be covering him.

I didn't assume that all, but are you assuming he will?

If Eberflus' defense is anything like last year then nobody is going to shadow anyone. He practically runs a nickel zone almost exclusively. 

19 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Gordon is gonna have to cover Deebo and other WRs who are much more quicker than Mooney.

Not sure about the "much more quicker" part. But he will have to take his lumps just like any other rookie CB. All of them get burned. And again, if it's against elite talent then that is what makes them elite. Those things will happen. Just gotta hope he is getting burn by everyone all the time. 

Remember when Khalil Mack sacked Brady and then hip tossed Tristan Wirfs? Wirfs is an all pro and got embarrassed on that play. I will be more concerned if he doesn't develop throughout the year as opposed to what happens against Deebo in his FIRST professional game.

15 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Not sure about the "much more quicker" part. But he will have to take his lumps just like any other rookie CB. All of them get burned. And again, if it's against elite talent then that is what makes them elite. Those things will happen. Just gotta hope he is getting burn by everyone all the time. 

Remember when Khalil Mack sacked Brady and then hip tossed Tristan Wirfs? Wirfs is an all pro and got embarrassed on that play. I will be more concerned if he doesn't develop throughout the year as opposed to what happens against Deebo in his FIRST professional game.

I'm not even sure what your arguing now. First you make a wrong assumption from left field and now it's something I've never even argued in the first place. 

I simply pointed the fact that Gordon got beat on a route that I am tired of watching the Bears get beat by and that I hope it don't happen this season and that's all. Jesus Christ. You would a thought I broke into Gordon's home and kicked his dog or something.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm not even sure what your arguing now. First you make a wrong assumption from left field and now it's something I've never even argued in the first place. 

I simply pointed the fact that Gordon got beat on a route that I am tired of watching the Bears get beat by and that I hope it don't happen this season and that's all. Jesus Christ. You would a thought I broke into Gordon's home and kicked his dog or something.

I'm actually not really attempting to argue with you. Just pointing out that rookies will get beat out by good talent. Not sure why that is confusing or why that would seem like a foreign concept. Also not sure why everything that is said has to be a big deal that actually results in an argument. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not challenging your honor. 

R-E-L-A-X

6 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I'm actually not really attempting to argue with you. Just pointing out that rookies will get beat out by good talent. Not sure why that is confusing or why that would seem like a foreign concept. Also not sure why everything that is said has to be a big deal that actually results in an argument. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not challenging your honor. 

R-E-L-A-X

Immediately jumping in and accusing someone of making assumptions is not just stating an opinion. Especially when I only made a simple comment--you said it yourself, not everything has to be a deal.  RELAX. 

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Immediately jumping in and accusing someone of making assumptions is not just stating an opinion. Especially when I only made a simple comment--you said it yourself, not everything has to be a deal.  RELAX. 

There is also a way to point things out or correcting a possible misunderstood statement without being offended by it and coming out of the gate swinging. It's okay to have an adult conversation with differing opinions without taking things personal. I never made it a big deal. You did with this statement:

16 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Jesus Christ. You would a thought I broke into Gordon's home and kicked his dog or something.

Just now, Bigbear72 said:

I never made it a big deal.

Yes, and that was in response your reaction. I already explained that. I'm not sure what's hard to understand here.

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

Jesus Christ. You would a thought I broke into Gordon's home and kicked his dog or something.