Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

8 hours ago, The_Romen said:

One of the most frustrating things with the last regime, guys would start to shine and they'd stomp them out and play an old guy over them.

I hope that changes with this new staff, and looks like it will.

In football best players play regardless of draft status or contract.    Or they should.  

Baseball always screws this up I think.  

It will be really good news if Jenkins shows out at RG rest of camp.   Turn an awful offseason story into a good one.  

I think when he mentioned his back in last presser that revealed it is likely reason he has been out and Bears both didn’t want that news out and are perhaps frustrated with it.  So nobody talked about it despite all speculation.

It would have been nice if Getsy or someone went to bat for him without being asked though as he was getting killed on social media.  But when he was asked he said he was involved in meetings, etc.  Positive comments.

Edited by dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It will be really good news if Jenkins shows out at RG rest of camp.   Turn an awful offseason story into a good one.  

I think when he mentioned his back in last presser that revealed it is likely reason he has been out and Bears both didn’t want that news out and are perhaps frustrated with it.  So nobody talked about it despite all speculation.

It would have been nice if Getsy or someone went to bat for him without being asked though as he was getting killed on social media.  But when he was asked he said he was involved in meetings, etc.  Positive comments.

If he physically can’t do what they want from their tackles they should’ve made the move to put him at RG earlier IMO. Some of the predraft scouting reports on him said he may be a better fit at guard anyway, and it was pretty clear by the end of OTAs they saw other guys ahead of him at OT. Then they signed Riley Reiff on the eve of camp. So why not tell Jenkins at the end of OTAs you’re switching him to RG so he can maybe spend that month off before TC working on RG techniques so he’s as ready for TC as he can be to compete for a role there? 

All of a sudden after they sign Reiff on the eve of camp, Jenkins is mysteriously hurt, and Reiff is clearly starting at RT. Part of me wonders if maybe they did tell Jenkins they wanted him at guard and he was resistant to it. Then he saw just how far down the depth chart they saw him at tackle, and now he’s suddenly working inside. He’s not gonna be active as a 4th tackle on game days, but even if he’s a reserve OG he can also be a 3-4 position backup on Sundays because he could play tackle in a pinch. Total speculation on my part. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

So why not tell Jenkins at the end of OTAs you’re switching him to RG so he can maybe spend that month off before TC working on RG techniques so he’s as ready for TC as he can be to compete for a role there? 

You kind of hinted at it, but maybe that conversation did happen, and thats what led to the rest of the turmoil with him?

Also seems like Flus is treating injuries like a Hockey Coach, and not telling the media anything specific. Wouldnt shock me if they are pretty vague when it comes to official injury reports, and might get their hand slapped by the league this year

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You kind of hinted at it, but maybe that conversation did happen, and thats what led to the rest of the turmoil with him?

Also seems like Flus is treating injuries like a Hockey Coach, and not telling the media anything specific. Wouldnt shock me if they are pretty vague when it comes to official injury reports, and might get their hand slapped by the league this year

yeah sounds like he might have had a lower body or upper body injury potentially