Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You haven't defended Harry at all? Okay then.

I didn’t say that, did I? I wrote, “No part of my post was defending Harry at all.” Because it wasn’t. Have I endorsed the idea of using a 7th round pick 2 drafts from now, a pick that’s always a long shot at best anyway, to take a swing on a guy who has elite measurables and at one time was viewed as a high end prospect? Yes. Nobody is dodging from that, and it’s a view shared by many in here. It’s an extremely low risk upside play. You don’t agree and that’s the nature of opinions and that’s fine and all, but yours being different than mine doesn’t make mine one with “bear goggles on.” I think the guy might have enough ability to make the roster and contribute something. I’m pretty sure that I wrote after the trade that if he doesn’t show more here than in NE that he probably wouldn’t be on the roster by Labor Day too. How outrageously homerish of me. 

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The deflect moment. The goto move when you nothing more to add to what I've said because you know it's the truth.

Pointing out the tone of your posts isn’t at all a deflection. It’s an aside to my other comment, which stands on its own. People disagree in here all the time - it’s the nature of message boards. Your preferred method of doing so with demeaning comments and unveiled “I’m smarter than you all” undertones is, to my own perception, exactly what I called it - tiresome. It takes away from the kinds of rational, logical discussions that I am (and I assume most are) looking to have in here. But do you. I wouldn’t be so bold as to think I have any right to tell you how you should choose to embrace your fandom.

11 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It's funny AZ, you tend to see everything with goggles on and everytime we sign a player you immediately mention their stats. But you didn't do this with Harry? Why not?

His stats in NE are bad. I’m certainly not saying they are anything other than that. And honestly, that I’m not trying to put some kind of positive spin on them flies entirely against your whole theory that I see everything with “goggles on,” doesn’t it? 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Throw is really good as well…great anticipation which is an area Fields really needs to improve…Mooney with an outstanding catch.

A back shoulder one-handed catch like that is virtually unstoppable. You obviously don't wanna count on the one hand catches too much in those situations, but if Mooney can win 50/50 balls like that on a regular basis then he's going to fun to watch.

• Like 2

Let me also say Soldier Field was less than desired on all fronts.

Field was awful.  Players were slipping all over place.  

Traffic was not bad at all getting down there.  But then it took like 45 minutes from exit off Lake Shore drive to park in garage.  Ridiculous.  They moved line soooo slow.  And there weren’t that many people there.

Took so long kids couldn’t do whatever activities were outside.  

If I had realized they weren’t going to do anything of note in practice for a long time I still would have went outside. 

But for first hour or so they had volume full blast in our section for music and speeches.  You literally couldn’t hear or speak over it and my hearing isn’t great so kids were in pain.  My ears were ringing.  Still are right now.   They turned it down after an hour or so.  

All the stuff inside to do inside was lightly staffed with just one teenager manning it and was only open a short time so very few kids in stadium got to do anything. 

That stadium experience sucks compared to others.  I can’t wait for Arlington. 

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

A back shoulder one-handed catch like that is virtually unstoppable. You obviously don't wanna count on the one hand catches too much in those situations, but if Mooney can win 50/50 balls like that on a regular basis then he's going to fun to watch.

It was pretty awesome live. 

Someone almost had an even better catch in one on ones.  I think it was either Finke or Moore (before he got hurt).  It looked like number was 16 from far away, but only 16 I see on roster is punter.  

It was a total layout parallel to ground at full speed, he caught it but lost it when he hit ground.  

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Lots of positive tweets out there today about how Braxton Jones has handled Robert Quinn today in practice…dude seems pretty locked in at LT…really looking forward to seeing him on Saturday.

Pretty amazing as a rookie 5th round pick to just take the position and never hand it back to anyone for weeks. He's going to have his moments in the preseason I'm sure but his training camp has been really impressive.