Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

50 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Newsome, Coulter, and Webster are making plays that Harry didn't. What is the point in keeping him?

Uhhh talent. It’s not a hard decision here. He isn’t done for the season. 

And you’re worried about exposing the likes of Nsimba Webster? Talk about a JAG.

If someone really wants him, there will be plenty of other guys we can pick up, some that will be cut who are better than him

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

St. Brown has benefited most from injuries to Velus and Pringle.   

He is next WR target by far after Mooney of late.

Seems to be large gap after Brown (with Velus and Pringle out).

Not sure how true it is but Schrager and Brandt said on GMFB this morning that Jones has had a rough camp

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Not sure how true it is but Schrager and Brandt said on GMFB this morning that Jones has had a rough camp

He has been hurt, but prior to that by all accounts he has been very good.

Offense as a whole has struggled, but you can see definite linear improvement.  

Edited by dll2000

Just now, dll2000 said:

He has been hurt, but prior to that by all accounts he has been very good.

Offense has a whole has struggled, but you can see definite linear improvement.  

Brandt was at camp. Schrager- as big of a knob as he is- is well connected. I really haven't seen anything saying he's been "very good." I hadn't seen anything about him being "rough" prior to this morning either

44 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Uhhh talent. It’s not a hard decision here. He isn’t done for the season. 

He's being outplayed by the guys you are shrugging off. Whatever talent he showed in college hasn't surfaced in camp.

There is no point in protecting Harry on the roster. NE dangled him in trades for a full season and the best they got was a future 7th round pick. There's no line of teams waiting to sign him. Other teams will cut better receivers who can help the Bears immediately.

Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 1

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Brandt was at camp. Schrager- as big of a knob as he is- is well connected. I really haven't seen anything saying he's been "very good." I hadn't seen anything about him being "rough" prior to this morning either

He hasn't practiced in a long time.   

According to Hoge and Jahns and CHGO who have been at all of the practices he looks super fast and explosive with ball in his hands, but hasn't necessarily made tough catches in traffic.

21 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The 3rd play in the clip where he completes the quick slant looks like a play I've seen Rodgers complete to Cobb about 4,398 times in my life

I think you can see a difference in Fields from beginning of offseason until now.

He isn't there yet, but practice matters.  He is definitely getting better.

If he had this all last year and then again this year he would look way better IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Real shame this…

these WRs aren’t all running the exact same route at the exact same depth…What? Your telling me they don’t have too do that? Someone give Nagy a phone turns out not everything need to be a 6 yard curl route 😂

In all seriousness as much as Fields clearly looks better this scheme is such a massive leap forward in terms of fit and being tailored to him…Nagy had a QB who ran a 4.4 and never even worked on scramble drills…it is incompetence at the highest level…as impressive as Flus has been since coming here it is easy to see why Getsy got an HC interview with the Broncos this offseason…he clearly gets it and will adapt to make the most of Fields’ talent.