Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Addition by subtraction for 4-6 weeks.  See who pops in preseason and give them Harry's reps -- his 20 catches on 40 targets would not be missed this season one bit.

I would disagree…I don’t think you ever want anyone hurt especially when you are trying to figure out what you have…for me he is by far the most physical receiver on that roster and that shouldn’t be overlooked…I think he can be a solid contributor as a depth option for us.

17 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I would disagree…I don’t think you ever want anyone hurt especially when you are trying to figure out what you have…for me he is by far the most physical receiver on that roster and that shouldn’t be overlooked…I think he can be a solid contributor as a depth option for us.

If ANY staff in the league becomes so dependent on a late offseason addition like Harry, even as depth, then maybe they should've done more earlier in the offseason and not put themselves into that position in the first place.  

35 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If ANY staff in the league becomes so dependent on a late offseason addition like Harry, even as depth, then maybe they should've done more earlier in the offseason and not put themselves into that position in the first place.  

If I am honest I couldn’t care how late in the day a guy is signed as long as he can play a part in the team…I believe Harry can offer us something…no one will confuse him with Megatron but if he can give a red zone threat…be an excellent blocker on the perimeter…make a few tough catches…for a 7th round pick I have no issue with that…

The hope is when he is healthy he can use his clear physical talents in a far less complex offence to become more than that…and if he doesn’t then are we really concerned at losing a 7th round pick taking a shot on a 24 year old former first rounder? Not for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm sure this has nothing to do with his opinion at all.

12:25 PM · Aug 6, 2022 from Philadelphia, PA·Twitter for iPhone

To be fair he's doing a tour of camps it seems. He was just at HH too. Regardless Hurts played a ton more snaps in college and so far in the NFL *and* has a supporting cast that is truly leaps and bounds better than Fields'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If I am honest I couldn’t care how late in the day a guy is signed as long as he can play a part in the team…I believe Harry can offer us something…no one will confuse him with Megatron but if he can give a red zone threat…be an excellent blocker on the perimeter…make a few tough catches…for a 7th round pick I have no issue with that…

The hope is when he is healthy he can use his clear physical talents in a far less complex offence to become more than that…and if he doesn’t then are we really concerned at losing a 7th round pick taking a shot on a 24 year old former first rounder? Not for me.

You should care. Normally guys who are signed in July or traded for in July for a 7th round pick suck

Do I think Harry can provide what you mentioned above to an extent? Sure. Do I think it's probable with this group after not doing it with McDaniels, Belichick and Brady? Not at all

23 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

The only thing that gives me pause on the “Bears are shopping him” narrative is that it would be a weird to do this while also stating that he is injured when he was not. It would tank his value. It doesn’t make much sense.

I mean it makes sense to make some calls when you have a 2nd round pick who is currently 4th on your depth chart.   Then the calls got leaked.  

Someone may have been high on his potential still.  But few are going to buy a bad back and/or bad attitude.  Sounds like attitude may not be true.  

If he does well in preseason he may get some suitors or Bears may keep him.  

Problem is bad backs are totally variable and can flair up at anytime.  

Takes a lot off his value.  

Too bad because based on college tape and talent this guy should a good player in this league .

I would never take or pick up a guy with a neck or back injury other than Peyton Manning who is not just anyone.  

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I mean it makes sense to make some calls when you have a 2nd round pick who is currently 4th on your depth chart.   Then the calls got leaked.  

Someone may have been high on his potential still.  But few are going to buy a bad back and/or bad attitude.  Sounds like attitude may not be true.  

If he does well in preseason he may get some suitors or Bears may keep him.  

Agreed. At this point he is almost impossible to market. A bad back on a young OLman that has barely seen the field in a game or in practice is a hard sell especially since the reason that he supposedly dropped in the draft was due to the fact that he had a bad back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

And you always have to remember, by the time us Normies hear about this stuff, its days if not more likely weeks old information.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

That is good news…this not so much…

Jones and Brisker have been biggest stories of camp to me.  Good ones anyway. 

Jenkins has been worst.  

Gordan sounds like he is dealing with a soft tissue injury that keeps flaring on him.  He misses a lot of practice.   Maybe a hamstring or quad or calf.  

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Do I think it's probable with this group after not doing it with McDaniels, Belichick and Brady? Not at all

You really should look at their track record for drafting and developing WRs...

On 8/7/2022 at 8:12 AM, dll2000 said:

Jenkins denies any problems with coaches and wouldn’t outright say probably because coaches told him not too.  But, it sounded to me like his back has been bothering him.

With how they were dancing around certain topics and their "choice of words", I kind of think it was a mental thing with him.

A "trainer" could be a psychologist or a "mental trainer" as well. You could hear other OL talking about Jenkins being in meetings and how they want to "bring him up" so I think he had some sort of meltdown.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

You really should look at their track record for drafting and developing WRs...

And if anyone has a good track of drafting and developing WR's, it's this organization.

It's kind of a weird argument to make. If you're saying the Pats draft **** receivers, then you're admitting Neal is **** (which he is). They do a decent job of developing. They got Agholor's career back on track. Edelman and Welker come to mind. Bourne is solid

If anyone is going to get a lot out of a guy, especially if he's good, it's New England. Not one team offered better than a 7th round pick. Not one team offered that prior to July. Neal stinks.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 2