Ravens TC 2022

DreamKid

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Robinson looking the part so far. 

I really like this big body kid Bridges too. Hope he somehow gets a spot. 

If he can be something as a 4th who even just runs safeties off bateman and Mandrews, it’s going to add a lot. I doubt he exceeds 600 yards but at least he’s got good field speed and size so you can’t just ignore him in the pass game like you could Boykin. We need guys on the bench who aren’t a net negative as receiver, especially with guys dinged up already.

Not a reinvention of the room but at least he can make plays in the nfl.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

13 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I was really hoping to see Brandon Stephens take a step this year but so far he’s had a pretty rough preseason.

He stinks. Been harping on it since last year/this offseason. Was absolutely hilarious seeing fans talk about him as a “matchup chess piece” or how “versatile” he is. His versatility amounts to the fact that he can play both S and CB badly. Genuinely had no idea what people were watching when they said he had a promising year last year.

He’s at best our 5th-6th best safety and 6th-7th best corner. It would be a joke if he made the team over a guy like Ardarius Washington but because he’s a 3rd rounder it’s sadly a very real possibility. 

Edited by Ray Reed

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean this is just proving he's not a CB though. Who knows if he can play back-end safety, but we don't need to find out beacuse we have Marcus Williams.

That graphic is non-CB coverage. All of those guys “aren’t corners”. But he was like the worst of the bunch.

He played back-end safety last year and wasn’t good.

And safeties in this defense (and most defenses) are going to have to cover guys when the offense comes out in certain formations. It just is what it is. And he’s proven to be really bad at it.

So he’s a not quite CB and not quite S who can’t cover.

As a player, he’s comfortably behind: Hamilton/Clark/Williams/Stone at safety and him and TJ are probably a toss up at this point. So he’s either the 5th or 6th best safety on this team.

As a player, he’s comfortably behind: Peters/Humphrey/JAD/Pepe/Fuller and you could call Washington a toss up even though IMO he is clearly a better coverage player. So he’s either the 6th or 7th best corner on this team.

That puts him as the 11th-13th best defensive back on this team as currently constructed. In what universe should that player make the 53 other than the fact he was drafted in the 3rd round?

Edited by Ray Reed

20 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

If he can be something as a 4th who even just runs safeties off bateman and Mandrews, it’s going to add a lot. I doubt he exceeds 600 yards but at least he’s got good field speed and size so you can’t just ignore him in the pass game like you could Boykin. We need guys on the bench who aren’t a net negative as receiver, especially with guys dinged up already.

Not a reinvention of the room but at least he can make plays in the nfl.

Honestly, we just need a guy who's a threat to take the top off to keep the play action effective. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

That graphic is non-CB coverage. All of those guys “aren’t corners”. But he was like the worst of the bunch.

Its actually "slot coverage by non-CBs"

It does say that he is quite possibly the worst slot defender in the league though.  I genuinely forgot that that chart showed he was worse than Daniel Sorensen 😅

• Like 2