SF Signs Deebo to Extension

bigbadbuff

1 hour ago, clarkfn2284 said:

This is a dude that can put up 1200-1500 rec annually and have 300-500 rush yards as a RB. The only real thing to question here is will his body hold up.

Fairly certain if that's the role Kyle continues to utilize him as, the answer is no. Hence why Deebo wanted to be paid as a top flight WR in this league not viewed as possibly the best "weapon" WR/RB combo in the league.

His body will break down if this is a annual thing year Iin year out moving forward for the duration of his contract. Be absolutely shocked if it didn't tbh.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Fairly certain if that's the role Kyle continues to utilize him as, the answer is no. Hence why Deebo wanted to be paid as a top flight WR in this league not viewed as possibly the best "weapon" WR/RB combo in the league.

His body will break down if this is a annual thing year Iin year out moving forward for the duration of his contract. Be absolutely shocked if it didn't tbh.

Considering they have the incentives listed in the contract to pay him an additional 1.95 million for rushing yards and TDs I don't think that changes. I do believe we see a dip in production at WR. I don't know if we see him get 1400 with Lance. I think 1200 is realistic alongside 300-400 rushing. So we are looking at 1500 to 1600 in production annually. I think his body can hold up, he proved it last season. He came in in a much better place physically then he did in seasons past. Time will tell, but this is literally the only concern.

On 8/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, clarkfn2284 said:

This is legit one of the most absurd takes I have ever read. You didn't even bother to look up the numbers. It also doesn't appear that you paid much attention to what he did last season. We are talking about a guy that is a WR potentially getting 1700-2000 yds from scrimmage in a season and you're talking about guys like Darren Sproles. Deebo is doing what those you mentioned did times 2. Im astonished at how little you looked into this before saying anything.

And Chris Johnson had a 2k yard season before....like you think Deebo is just perennial 1500 yards? Y'all bugging

On 8/6/2022 at 12:19 PM, Nabbs4u said:

The answer is definitely no. It sucks, but it is what it is. He's also not been the healthiest guy as it is. 

Honestly, I don't even think that the season he just had as a receiver is sustainable / replicable. I don't think people realize how absurd his yards after the catch efficiency was last year when accounting for his average depth of target. I just think that is a massive outlier. Even if you just deduct about 2 yards after the catch per reception (which would still give him 8+ yards after catch / r and be toward the top of the receiver leaderboard), he'd lose 150 - 200 yards receiving. His ADOT was also the highest of his career and if that dropped down a yard or so, you're losing another 75-80 yards. His yards per reception was 18 after being 12 and 14 the two years prior. He can counter that by actually not dropping so many passes, but I'm not sure if that is something I would bank on. 

I think Deebo is a tremendous player, and incredibly undervalued as a receiver, but I also think we saw his best season. For me its minimizing the regression the next few years. 

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

We're just talking semantics here....Deebo is awesome but why are we losing our minds.....like Deebo and Trey Lance is cool I guess

Because the players you compared Deebo to is kind of insulting. It's like comparing Justin Jefferson to Pierre Garcon.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Because the players you compared Deebo to is kind of insulting. It's like comparing Justin Jefferson to Pierre Garcon.

I actually agree....there isn't really a good comparison .....but like 1,700 yards isn't worth exactly burning up the league

6 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I actually agree....there isn't really a good comparison .....but like 1,700 yards isn't worth exactly burning up the league

It actually is when you consider he was 3rd in scrimmage yards behind Taylor, and Kupp. Taylor had 332 rush attempts and 51 targets for 383 opportunities, Kupp had 4 and 191 for a total of 195 opportunities. Deebo had 59 and 121 for a total of 180 opportunities. Najee had 307 and 94 and produced less. Regression is absolutely a thing, but you're trying to diminish what Deebo did last season and that's ridiculous. Even if you took the additional 15 targets to place him even with Kupp at his 68% catch rate is an additional 10.2 rec which then ends up being and additional 185 yards and that puts him literally at Kupp at 1,945 yards. So yeah, as much as you want to minimalize Deebo's season, it was "worth burning up the league for." In the last 5 seasons, excluding Deebo, there have been 14 other WR/TE in the top 10 in scrimmage yards. 14 out of 50. In those same seasons, 1 of those 14 has had more scrimmage yards than Deebo did last season and it was Cooper Kupp. In those 5 years there are only 13 players, regardless of position, that out performed his scrimmage yards total from last season.