SF Signs Deebo to Extension

bigbadbuff

29 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Like Dak Prescott and Dallas a few years ago ($40M) post Goff/Wentz. Waiting and procrastinating ended up costing the 49ers way more more in the end. Had he signed before say the Adams deal, start of FA, Debo gets nowhere close to that amount. Post DA,Hill,DK,AJB is what it is.

Worth it mind you, but like the Ravens situation with Lamar, waiting will cost them in the long run trying to play hardball. As it did with SF and Seattle.

Would have been hard to beat the Adams contract in terms of speed as I don't believe deebo, dk or terry were technically eligible to discuss extensions until March 16. Adams signed the 17th. 

Granted, I'm sure there is some negotiations done on the down low, so I wouldn't be surprised if people start working out the framework. We know all the teams do that

This is also a unique situation where one agent controlled a weird amount of the situation. Not sure how that changed anything (brown, dk, deebo all have the same agent)

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This is also a unique situation where one agent controlled a weird amount of the situation. Not sure how that changed anything (brown, dk, deebo all have the same agent)

Probably played a huge factor tbh. Especially since AJB was traded, not extended. 

I'm just curious "where" or what numbers SF started their negotiations on the 16th? 

Jerry played the home town discount card with Dak, see how you preform this season appriach and it cost him $8-10M more a season.

Post every WR listed and some, Debo made more money, SF saved nothing. Just like Lamar and Baltimore will post Watson and Murray now.

Good for him

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Derwin as well. 

Lamar seems fine playing on his option. That entire situation is weird

Sorry but Lamar is an idiot if he plays without a long term in place before week 1.

He's 1 ACL away from losing an extra 50-100M easily!! Just because Cousins and Dak got away with it, doesn't make it smart business for Lamar Jackson.

If the money is remotely in the same stratosphere as the Watson/Murray/Allen deals get it and run like a thief in the night. Don't let pride being highest paid blah blah blah ruin it. . If not, hold out, be Emitt Smith 2.0.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I sort of don't get the Deebo hype.... like....we've seen gadget players before....good player but not sure why we talk about him this much

He's just a good player, nothing really gadget about him. Same as the other receivers who got paid. 

People talked about dk and AJ a ton too, deebo just had his big season just recently. The year before it was all dk. So I think it's mostly recency bias with a bump due to the unique nature with which he made his presence known. 

Poor Terry is the one who gets left out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He's just a good player, nothing really gadget about him. Same as the other receivers who got paid. 

People talked about dk and AJ a ton too, deebo just had his big season just recently. The year before it was all dk. So I think it's mostly recency bias with a bump due to the unique nature with which he made his presence known. 

Poor Terry is the one who gets left out 

Yeah I think we are agreeing basically haha....maybe gadget wasn't the right word but you know what mean

DK and AJ are full blown dope receivers 

8 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

I sort of don't get the Deebo hype.... like....we've seen gadget players before....good player but not sure why we talk about him this much

What makes him a "gadget" player? Because he is versatile and is damn good rushing the ball? Never have I seen a WR with over 1,400 yards get classified as a "gadget? player. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What makes him a "gadget" player? Because he is versatile and is damn good rushing the ball? Never have I seen a WR with over 1,400 yards get classified as a "gadget? player. 

You said this like 1400 yards was a crazy number haha

Like getting 1400 yards from playing every position on the field is good.

Why are you guys treating gadget like a bad word? Haha

5 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

You said this like 1400 yards was a crazy number haha

Like getting 1400 yards from playing every position on the field is good.

Why are you guys treating gadget like a bad word? Haha

You said we have seen gadget players like him...Name them.

1,400 receiving yards for a "gadget" does not happen. You are mistaking his versatility as him being a gadget player. Nah, he was legitimately on pace for over 1,7000 receiving yards until his role changed when Mitchell started to get banged up and the running game went to crap. 

But yeah, curious to see your list of gadget players that had 1,400 receiving yards or anywhere close to that amount....

• Like 2