SF Signs Deebo to Extension

bigbadbuff

8 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Yeah I think we are agreeing basically haha....maybe gadget wasn't the right word but you know what mean

DK and AJ are full blown dope receivers 

And Deebo had more receiving yards last year than either of them have ever had.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Forge said:

73121199.jpg

It definitely felt like a "Oh you won't play ball with us? Fine, we'll trade you and draft a poorer replacement" type of move with Jon Robinson. I like him as a GM by and large, but he definitely screwed the pooch with this action, and based on how Vrabel and others were reacting at the time, definitely comes across as a knee jerk decision reaction.

Titans will get what they deserve - thought I saw someone earlier posting a hype video for Burks laying out for a pass and while sure, it's a nice catch, the only thing I could think was, oh nice, another terrible pass attempt that a receiver has to make a brilliant play on to catch, instead of being hit in stride. AKA, QB is still a problem.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

73121199.jpg

It definitely felt like a "Oh you won't play ball with us? Fine, we'll trade you and draft a poorer replacement" type of move with Jon Robinson. I like him as a GM by and large, but he definitely screwed the pooch with this action, and based on how Vrabel and others were reacting at the time, definitely comes across as a knee jerk decision reaction.

Titans will get what they deserve - thought I saw someone earlier posting a hype video for Burks laying out for a pass and while sure, it's a nice catch, the only thing I could think was, oh nice, another terrible pass attempt that a receiver has to make a brilliant play on to catch, instead of being hit in stride. AKA, QB is still a problem.

Yup, like getting rid of Mariota and keeping Tannehill.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You said we have seen gadget players like him...Name them.

1,400 receiving yards for a "gadget" does not happen. You are mistaking his versatility as him being a gadget player. Nah, he was legitimately on pace for over 1,7000 receiving yards until his role changed when Mitchell started to get banged up and the running game went to crap. 

But yeah, curious to see your list of gadget players that had 1,400 receiving yards or anywhere close to that amount....

Sproles comes to mind, Corey Patterson might of had like 1000 total last like I don't even need to look it up haha... People get 1k yards from scrimmage now regularly

4 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Sproles comes to mind, Corey Patterson might of had like 1000 total last like I don't even need to look it up haha... People get 1k yards from scrimmage now regularly

1,000 yards from scrimmage? Huh? Deebo had 1,405 RECEIVING yards, not total yards from scrimmage. He had 1,770 total yards from scrimmage in 16 games.

So yeah, you couldn't name anyone like him. Patterson had less than 600 receiving yards and Sproles never had anywhere close to that many receiving yards. Sproles and Patterson are comparable, NOT Deebo. 

Over his career, he is averaging more receiving yards per game than DK and McLaurin while Brown is averaging slightly more per game. 

Not a surprise...I don't think that the plan was to ever have him used as a running back like they did last year. It's easy to forget how bad the running back depth chart got because of injuries last year, which is why they moved him back there to begin with. I don't think the plan moving forward was to have him average 8-10 carries a game or anything. 

23 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Bengals can go ahead and start working on Chase's 5 year, $150 million extension.  He HAS to wait two more years though, so it will probably be more like 5 years, $175 million

With Tee and Joey B coming before that, it's no wonder that Mike Brown is finally selling the naming rights to the stadium.

On 7/31/2022 at 10:50 PM, MonserinNC said:

I sort of don't get the Deebo hype.... like....we've seen gadget players before....good player but not sure why we talk about him this much

Because nobody has been able to stop him. You're talking about a WR that had 1400 yards rec, averaged 18.4 per reception and scored 8 TDs on the ground. It isn't gadget plays. He literally was lining up as a RB and running sweeps to the outside and flat out beating players to the edge. On top of that, he is a monster and when he got upfield nobody was bringing him down. This isn't Kordell Stewart or the Read Option. This is a dude that can put up 1200-1500 rec annually and have 300-500 rush yards as a RB. The only real thing to question here is will his body hold up.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:55 AM, MonserinNC said:

This is legit one of the most absurd takes I have ever read. You didn't even bother to look up the numbers. It also doesn't appear that you paid much attention to what he did last season. We are talking about a guy that is a WR potentially getting 1700-2000 yds from scrimmage in a season and you're talking about guys like Darren Sproles. Deebo is doing what those you mentioned did times 2. Im astonished at how little you looked into this before saying anything.

• Like 1