Bill Belichick on the hot seat?

rfournier103

• 3 months later...

I have a hard time blaming the players for this season. 

I blame BB and the offensive coaches 100% for this season. The defense is great. The offense is horrendous. Most owners would blow it up.. I think it will be very interesting to see how Kraft reacts at the end of the season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Crimmage said:

I have a hard time blaming the players for this season. 

I blame BB and the offensive coaches 100% for this season. The defense is great. The offense is horrendous. Most owners would blow it up.. I think it will be very interesting to see how Kraft reacts at the end of the season.

They HAVE to do something...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

I thought tonight might be a good night to bump this.

I lay this whole miserable season at Bill Belichick's feet. He picks the players. He hires the coaches. How can he not be responsible for this?

Thoughts?

He is responsible. If he didn’t have all that credit in the bank, he would be ridiculed by fans and the media. All across the board.

it’s hard to come at a king who’s won so much gold though. Even if he is losing his marbles.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He is responsible. If he didn’t have all that credit in the bank, he would be ridiculed by fans and the media. All across the board.

it’s hard to come at a king who’s won so much gold though. Even if he is losing his marbles.

Gregg Popovich hasn't won a playoffs series in five years. SA has missed the playoffs for three straight years.

Yet, SA fans would riot if Pop was dired. Same applies here. Firing the guy who has won us six SBs and is a big reason we've been competitive despite the lackluster offense is a VERY bad idea.

8 hours ago, biggie. said:

Gregg Popovich hasn't won a playoffs series in five years. SA has missed the playoffs for three straight years.

Yet, SA fans would riot if Pop was dired. Same applies here. Firing the guy who has won us six SBs and is a big reason we've been competitive despite the lackluster offense is a VERY bad idea.

Unless they bring in a winner and he wins right from the start. It's Bill who!!!

You make a great point why he should go. Pop is living on past rep that had several "best" players in the NBA.  He had Tom Brady while he won, Duncan.

I'm a now guy that looks to the future.    He's why he goes. 

1.Now --- he created a hot mess.

2. Future ----  Pats and BB  have different objectives. BB break record, Pats build for the future.   Pats have to develop players and overhaul the offense and coaches. They need to start fresh. That is the complete opposite what BB want to do to reach his goal.

Sorry but I don't buy the fans will be up in arms.  They said the same thing with Brady, last time I checked there still buying tickets. Keep losing you will see how fast they turn on BB.

BB set the standard with Brady. Kraft should set the standard with BB.  For me Robert Kraft is just important to the Pats as BB.  Your ever hear of the Sullivan's, the owner that got rid of Mike Haynes, bastards !!!!   To me Kraft can make any move he wants and I support him 1000%

If all you know is Kraft as owner, you should all be on your knees thanking Robert Kraft!!!!!!! 

It could of been St Louis Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

You have to have a proper succession plan to even consider it. Unless you know who you're going to hire .. i dont think you can possibly get rid of BB. You're risking going from a horrendous offense and amazing defense to a horrendous team all around. 

If you were to tell me you could get Vrabel here.. I think I do it because he's been amazing.. but it's going to be a difficult decision. Unfortunately I think it's more likely that Kraft comes to Bill and says "i'm forcing you to hire this person as OC and handing them the offense" .. then BB resigns leaving Kraft scrambling and hiring Mayo because he feels everything is crumbling around him

This team has been poorly coached for two seasons in a row now. The staff he put together this year was borderline malpractice and he deserves all of the blame for that. Considerable amount of penalties, boneheaded decisions, extremely conservative in terms of going for it, etc. Additionally, the offense has been beating up on bad QBs, but I'm still not convinced he has the scheme to stop these mobile QBs- the way the game is trending.

IMO, its fall on your sword and hire an entire new offensive staff, or he's gone.

I'll remind everyone that Mr. Robert Kraft has never shied away from ballsy decision, and he isn't exactly getting any younger...