Preseason Week 2 GDT: Bucs @ Titans

TitanLegend

51 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I didn’t keep count, but I was watching Radunz and NPF as my primary focus for most of the game, and I feel like “doing his job on 23/26 plays” means more that he didn’t get beaten badly snd quickly on 23/26 plays. Because there’s absolutely no way he was only beaten on 3 plays, unless I just don’t know what I’m talking about.

It feels like one thing is that he just does not look like a natural tackle. It looks like he is struggling because he is working extra hard at something he is uncomfortable with. Just my opinion

58 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I didn’t keep count, but I was watching Radunz and NPF as my primary focus for most of the game, and I feel like “doing his job on 23/26 plays” means more that he didn’t get beaten badly snd quickly on 23/26 plays. Because there’s absolutely no way he was only beaten on 3 plays, unless I just don’t know what I’m talking about.

that was my thought after the game, but the thread has gifs of every snap and it sure does look like he's only beaten on 3 plays lol. they were just so bad they stood out- which is certainly still a problem for a starting tackle, but perhaps not as dire as it looked.

I mean Radunz looked like dog**** and there’s a reason he got a grade of freaking 27 and it wasn’t just because he got destroyed on 3 out of 26 plays. IMO, NPF is the starting RT and he won that job Saturday night. There’s a reason why he was with the 1s today. Just seems like another high OL pick that won’t work out. Hopefully he improves greatly and ends up doing what I was hoping once NPF was drafted - One goes to LT and one to RT for next season after Lewan is cut. Now we might have to hold onto Lewan out of necessity. This is assuming Lewan has another season with injuries and mid level play. Regardless, I think the OL is going to be one of the bottom units in the league unfortunately. Signing Flowers would definitely be huge boost because I don’t have faith in Brewer being a full time starter. He’s a good depth guy who can give you some spot starts but if you play him full time, defenses will expose him mightily. 

29 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

that was my thought after the game, but the thread has gifs of every snap and it sure does look like he's only beaten on 3 plays lol. they were just so bad they stood out- which is certainly still a problem for a starting tackle, but perhaps not as dire as it looked.

That is surprising.  I will concede that I often don't know what I'm talking about, so maybe it was just those three looking so bad it made it seem like more.

Still, it seemed, when I was watching both, that NPF got beaten less, and gave less ground in general.