Preseason Week 2 GDT: Bucs @ Titans

TitanLegend

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

We seem to like going into the season with at least one player on the OL that wouldn't start on 31 other teams. 3rd year in a row.

the way this team does OL evals is ridiculous. it's like pass pro doesn't even factor in, and then every year we wonder why we can't have a proper drop back passing game.

1 minute ago, twotonebluenation said:

I believe in this guy. He just needs time.

Definitely still learning to trust his eyes. He seems like an incredibly likable dude, but there’s so much work that needs to be done. The idea that he was ever getting first-round hype is nuts.

Going to hope for the best, he’s easy to root for, but even at this time next year if we wanted to roll with him, I think it would require a complete offensive system overhaul that I’m not quite sure Vrabel would be willing to try.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Stonehouse needs to learn how to actually punt. Dude has an incredible leg but no touch at all.

Same way we hit with kern, if I recall he had strong leg but had placement issues. I think hendrich played a role in his development 

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The idea that he was ever getting first-round hype is nuts.

He’s always been a traits guy. Anyone who thought he would be ready to play this year wasn’t paying attention.

But Lance and Love both got drafted in the first as traits guys, so there’s precedent.

I liked a lot of what I saw from Willis last night. Was he still just as bad at seeing open receivers and throwing to them? Yeah, but this time it was also clear that he was trying to do that. And at the end, he did seem to have a much better handle on balancing trying to be a pocket passer while also using his legs.

He can be a special player if he gets the pocket passing aspect down. Guys with his arm and his leg just don’t come around often.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Just asking a whole lot from Tannehill this year, which is especially tough when such a large portion of the fanbase is ready to crush the guy at the first sign of trouble.

I'm hoping people see that life without him isn't some rose field of QBs. 

Even drafting one like (Wilson, Fields, Darnold) has shown it doesn't equal immediate success. 

People crowned Wentz too early.

My disgust for Tanny last season is met with the reality that he is here for at least 2 more seasons. 

Willis isn't ready.