How bad would this season have to be for Ron to be fired?

TOUCAN

Let’s be honest, we know because he had influence on the name and whatnot, and the good name he has, he’s got a bit of a leash.

BUT

How bad would this season have to be for the team to move on? Is it even possible?

This isn’t me rallying against Ron, I’m just asking questions.

My guess is he gets an extension in the middle of the season regardless of record. Snyder isn’t firing him. This is going to be Marvin Lewis with the bengals. With that said, he’ll never win here and continuing with this group is a giant waste of time. 

Our team would have to win 3 games or less which isn’t happening. Even if Wentz is awful/gets hurt, Heinicke has proven he can be 7-9 as a starter (he didn’t play at Phila last year) so, there’s no way we’d end up picking top 5 IMO.

I’m actually convinced that if Howell had to start that we’d still win 5 to 7 games & people would be exited bc he would’ve shown some flashes. So, most would feel he’d develop even more in the coming years.

I don’t think we have a QB on the roster that would get Rivera fired if they had to start most of the games & our depth is good enough on O & D that we can sustain injuries & win 6 or 7 games IMO. 

Bottomline is our talent isn’t bad enough to get Rivera fired IMO.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

If we go 6-11 and look lost, I could see him gone. At minimum there would be MAJOR changes. 

I just don’t know if Snyder pulls the plug that quickly. He gave Gruden 5 & a half years. He knows Rivera has had to deal with more things than Gruden did & I think Dan views Ron as a more competent coach. I’ll be shocked if Ron doesn’t make it his full contract or, get an extension like Lavar said, eventhough in most fans eyes he probably won’t deserve it. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I just don’t know if Snyder pulls the plug that quickly. He gave Gruden 5 & a half years. He knows Rivera has had to deal with more things than Gruden did & I think Dan views Ron as a more competent coach. I’ll be shocked if Ron doesn’t make it his full contract or, get an extension like Lavar said, eventhough in most fans eyes he probably won’t deserve it. 

Jay had winning records in years 2 and 3. 

Like I said, at worst the staff gets an overhaul, but it could be bad enough that Dan has to move on. 

13 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

This squad is one of the weakest and poorly structured rosters. I can’t name 5 teams with less talent and outside of the OL coach no coach is top 10 at their position= Fans again 

Bad Santa Pain GIF by Sky

It’s so true. Because people believe that Rivera is the 2nd coming of Joe Gibbs they believe everything he says will happen much in the way people believed in Shanahan so much. Neither coach/director of football operations built a complete defense while they had final say of our roster. 

I will say they they eventually put together talented offenses, but fans are being sold a box of lies believing Rivera when he act like the back 7 is going to be better just bc of “continuity.” We don’t even have our best LB from last year Landon Collins from last year. I hope at the least they can re-sign him to be the Buffalo Nickel & keep Curl at SS.

Really though they need to sign a MLB like Kenny Young who has the athleticism & coverage ability to play  the position better than Holcomb. Then Holcomb can go back to SLB where Rivera said he wanted to move him last January after he season was over.

On 8/21/2022 at 4:41 PM, turtle28 said:

Our team would have to win 3 games or less which isn’t happening. Even if Wentz is awful/gets hurt, Heinicke has proven he can be 7-9 as a starter (he didn’t play at Phila last year) so, there’s no way we’d end up picking top 5 IMO.

I’m actually convinced that if Howell had to start that we’d still win 5 to 7 games & people would be exited bc he would’ve shown some flashes. So, most would feel he’d develop even more in the coming years.

I don’t think we have a QB on the roster that would get Rivera fired if they had to start most of the games & our depth is good enough on O & D that we can sustain injuries & win 6 or 7 games IMO. 

Bottomline is our talent isn’t bad enough to get Rivera fired IMO.

You don't agree they have a QB but you agreed with the trade for Wentz. Please make that make sense. The trade for Wentz was because they felt he was a Key missing piece to the team moving forward. 

31 minutes ago, DCNative said:

You don't agree they have a QB but you agreed with the trade for Wentz. Please make that make sense. The trade for Wentz was because they felt he was a Key missing piece to the team moving forward. 

That should give you an idea of the decision makers running this franchise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCNative said:

Why do you never read someone’s post?

• Like 1