The Last Of Us - HBO ***No Game Spoilers***

Broncofan

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

The making of special on HBO was interesting. I'm impressed by how much of this was done with practical effects. They even made a full on practical bloater suit but eventually decided to go with a CGI bloater.

Saw that as well. Ton of resources used for something that only saw 3 minutes of air time in the entire show. At least they went all in though

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Saw that as well. Ton of resources used for something that only saw 3 minutes of air time in the entire show. At least they went all in though

They went all in on certain things. But it may have hurt them in other parts budget wise. Probably explains the lack of more infected in other episodes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JonStark said:

People will find a way to complain about anything. 

Are some of the complaints not valid though? The pacing was bad as everything was rushed and one of the main components to the show is Joel protecting this girl who's immune to the infection in hopes to find a cure from something we never really saw. 

What is wrong w/ those complaints?

19 hours ago, Xenos said:

Saw this yesterday and got me pumped. If they're already showcasing that part of the story, I bet they're going to do it right as they've already stated things will slow down. Bella said they're likely going to start shooting more towards the end of the year so we should expect late '24 - early '25 release.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Are some of the complaints not valid though? The pacing was bad as everything was rushed and one of the main components to the show is Joel protecting this girl who's immune to the infection in hopes to find a cure from something we never really saw. 

What is wrong w/ those complaints?

Sure they're valid. I'll just never understand the need to criticize things for what someone thinks it should be instead of just enjoying it for what it is. If someone feels that way about it, I'm not sure why they kept watching or will tune in next season. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Sure they're valid. I'll just never understand the need to criticize things for what someone thinks it should be instead of just enjoying it for what it is. If someone feels that way about it, I'm not sure why they kept watching or will tune in next season. 

I don't think a show has to be perfect to enjoy it. I'm not sure I know of a show that was/is perfect to be honest but some are more close than others. I felt it was a great show as did almost everyone in here but we just voiced our opinions on what could've made it better and where it lacked. Doesn't mean it's a bad show by any means, just that it could've been better which I definitely feel is the case.

The show had the pace of Joel and Ellie being main characters, meet people, they get an episode to get to know them, then they die. It was that way w/ Tess, Bill and Frank, Sam and Henry, David and Co, and to a little less of an extreme, Kathleen. It seemed like a "rinse and repeat for the next episode" for the most part. If they could've spread it out a little more, they could've given us more of a backstory and had us care more about the characters. The writing and acting was spectacular, the show overall just could've been better IMO. Others seem to share that same sentiment.

Not going to touch on the lack of infected b/c that's already been discussed at length.

All that said, this is still my most anticipated show for S2 and beyond.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

I think a small dip in episode 6 and 7 (although Ellies enjoyment of the mall was infectious). I would give them both a 7/10

Those two episodes were great setups to an amazing episode 8 payoff.

Best episode of the season. 10/10

On 3/5/2023 at 9:09 PM, Ty21 said:

Yep definitely some video game injury recovery/blindness there lol. Pedro Pascal showed he’d make a convincing protagonist in Just Cause after this. 

9/10 episode. Not killing the damn rabbit cost them 1/10

My 12 year old daughter pointed that out and i feebly said "well he got the shot" and she was skeptical but loved the episode too regardless

On 3/5/2023 at 9:10 PM, Ty21 said:

I genuinely feel like every episode this season has been a triumph but at the same time the pacing was much too fast. 

The hurry up and wait kind of works for me.

You get a couple frentic episodes, then a couple changes of pace, then intensity, then a couple meanadering, then a shatstorm

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Those two episodes were great setups to an amazing episode 8 payoff.

Best episode of the season. 10/10

Finale also 10/10

Joel could give a **** less for the greater good

Just wonderful 

Full season i would say 8.8/10

While not in my top favorites, it elevates typical genre stuff like that. Brilliant performances by the leads and certain characters in one offs.

But it felt like it had a vision and it wasnt hounded by a team of writers.

Joel was always kind of an ******* and singularly focused and it paid off big at the end

Ellie (bella) is amazing and cant wait to see her in more stuff

Well done, people who made it.