The Last Of Us - HBO ***No Game Spoilers***

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Imagine how much more impactful that final decision would have been if the infected actually mattered. Instead, who cares? Why should Joel give up his new daughter for a cure that might not work for something that barely matters in show.

If you can watch these storylines and not feel as if the infected matter.......not sure what you're watching.

Are they having continual zombie/infected assaults? No. Good. It's more than simply a monster movie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leader said:

If you can watch these storylines and not feel as if the infected matter.......not sure what you're watching.

Are they having continual zombie/infected assaults? No. Good. It's more than simply a monster movie.

We haven't seen an infected do anything in real time in almost half a season. Clearly you're the one not watching. It doesn't have to be a monster movie to make them feel like a threat. There isn't some rule where you can only choose one of characterization or having monsters. What a silly take.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Even having clicker noises or runner screams in the distance would at least remind us they're a threat. They don't need to be on screen and the focus all the time to be relevant. It's almost like they're a side conversation piece in the show and nothing more. You're being dramatic in response for something that is a legitimate gripe

• Like 1

Amazing job at capturing the connection you feel to the characters in the game, and recreating their moments and dialogue. Portrayal of Joel and Ellie was phenomenal.

They failed pretty bad at creating any sort of suspense at all throughout those 9 episodes though. There was really no edge of your seat elements that is what makes you addicted to the game. The pacing was also very subpar.

Overall, certainly a good show. One that I stand by is more enjoyable to those who've never played the game which allows you to come in with no expectations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Amazing job at capturing the connection you feel to the characters in the game, and recreating their moments and dialogue. Portrayal of Joel and Ellie was phenomenal.

They failed pretty bad at creating any sort of suspense at all throughout those 9 episodes though. There was really no edge of your seat elements that is what makes you addicted to the game. The pacing was also very subpar.

Overall, certainly a good show. One that I stand by is more enjoyable to those who've never played the game which allows you to come in with no expectations.

That's why I'm so annoyed. Joel and Ellie are great (Bella is legitimately incredible). This show has some awesome elements to it. The opening scene of this episode was fantastic. But they made such a simple mistake that undercuts everything around it keeping it from hitting that next level of entertainment.

Spending literally 2 minutes at UEC was the biggest kick in the nads to me. To recreate the bottom floor dorm scene with the spore haze, all of the deceased infected literally growing and spreading amongst the walls, all the notes left behind by students waiting it out, the bloater, and bunch of clickers was one of the things I was looking forward to most. It would've taken what 15-20 minutes and been the best part of the whole season. 

The bypassed all creepiness and dark action/suspense to drive home on character development. The show is a hit, they should've just had two seasons and found a stopping point somewhere in the game to end season 1. Maybe right after Joel is injured.

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This ^ I'm glad I'm one of those not "infected" with expectations for dialogue, character or story line development etc - and could simply consider the production as it was presented. 

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Spending literally 2 minutes at UEC was the biggest kick in the nads to me. To recreate the bottom floor dorm scene with the spore haze, all of the deceased infected literally growing and spreading amongst the walls, all the notes left behind by students waiting it out, the bloater, and bunch of clickers was one of the things I was looking forward to most. It would've taken what 15-20 minutes and been the best part of the whole season. 

The bypassed all creepiness and dark action/suspense to drive home on character development. The show is a hit, they should've just had two seasons and found a stopping point somewhere in the game to end season 1. Maybe right after Joel is injured.

They didn’t know that the show would be a hit though. If they did beforehand, then yeah it would have been wise to make two seasons. But it is what it is.

Yeah, the pacing felt “off” for me the last couple of episodes. 

Overall, still loved the show. Came into the it hearing about the Joel/Ellie relationship and it didn’t disappoint. Can’t wait to see where that goes, especially with how this season ended.

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

They didn’t know that the show would be a hit though. If they did beforehand, then yeah it would have been wise to make two seasons. But it is what it is.

Easy to assume with the following the game has that "if we do this right, we'll have a hit on our hands." Oh well. Still enjoyable but not quite what it could've been.

• Like 2

Not sure how much of this is accurate but it's off to a good start already if all of this is true

Spoiler

They ruined Bill's town in the first season. If they even ruin the forest chase scene from when Lev saves Abby, I will riot and do nothing. That part of the game is TV gold!!

Edited by BobbyPhil1781