2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

47 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think it’s almost inevitable that the Cowboys will get Bijan or Mayer. It’s classically them, at least in the last couple years. They’ll get a guy who was a bona fide stud for years in college, but who everybody else is overthinking about.

It’s one of the benefits of not being good at thinking. You just stumble into these no-brainers time and again, like Parsons and Lamb and Diggs. 

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I do like him better as a Micah Parsons rather than a Lavonte David, but I get why people see both. 

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

Here’s the thing that stands out IMO for Sanders and why I think MLB is the best spot for him:

“Coverage is where the unique athlete stood out the most in Fayetteville, posting the fifth-best coverage grade (77.8) among his peers and tieing for the most defensive stops with 17. Unsurprisingly, he continued to shine at the NFL Combine with an 8.97 Relative Athletic Score (RAS).”

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/platform/amp/2023/4/17/23683557/raiders-nfl-draft-drew-sanders-arkansas

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

At RR Draft Presser he was asked about C. Young and he said he would wait until May 2. I’m wondering if he’s waiting to see if they get a DE they’re looking at in the draft otherwise why wait 2 more weeks. 

Not much Rivera says makes sense so... Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

He’s just deflecting IMO bc he doesn't want to answer the question.

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

From listening I inferred two things. Trading down is definitely on the table. Trading up is not. 

Gotta love that Bieniemy’s voice is being heard! Finally someone in the draft room & on the team this experienced in developing and scouting great offensive players

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Gotta love that Bieniemy’s voice is being heard! Finally someone in the draft room & on the team this experienced in developing and scouting great offensive players

I disagree. Last thing this team needs is EB making draft calls. We need a true GM with a long term vision of how this team should be rebuilt. That's not EB or Ron R. Hopefully everyone is gone soon enough.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I disagree. Last thing this team needs is EB making draft calls. We need a true GM with a long term vision of how this team should be rebuilt. That's not EB or Ron R. Hopefully everyone is gone soon enough.

We just gotta make it through one more season dude. We're so close lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

At RR Draft Presser he was asked about C. Young and he said he would wait until May 2. I’m wondering if he’s waiting to see if they get a DE they’re looking at in the draft otherwise why wait 2 more weeks. 

How can they see not picking up the option as a good thing? How dumb could you possibly be to go into next season with Sweat and Young both as potential free agents? Again, what happens if you don't pick up the option and Young and Sweat both have double digit sack seasons? Stop being stupid and pick up the damn option. My god this franchise is run by the dumbest people in football. 

• Like 1

Mayer is a -150 favorite to be the first tight end drafted at DraftKings. Kincaid’s odds to be the first tight end drafted are +120. No one else is close; Georgia’s Darnell Washington is third at +1000. 

Makes sense. I'd bet the same way. Mayer will check more boxes. I'll leave it as Mayer has that high ceiling/decent high floor (like a B- to B+ range), whereas I think Kincaid is in that C to A range.