Brian Robinson Shot in Carjacking Attempt

Troublez

Just unreal. As @Jeezy Fanatic said, it’s hard not to get Sean echoes when you hear about one of our guys getting shot in the lower extremities. Actually very nearly lost it on some clown in the NFL News version of this thread, and I think that was a big part of my rage. 

Barring the release of some further information that suggests he precipitated this attack in some way, it’s just unfair to this kid. Truly unjust. Work your tail off at Alabama behind a bunch of blue-chippers, finally get your shot and earn a spot with us, vault to the top of the depth chart in no time at all — and then some dope with a gun shatters it all to try to take your money (or your car). That’s just not right. The world shouldn’t work like that. I really hope he finds his way back to the field sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

Just now, e16bball said:

Just unreal. As @Jeezy Fanatic said, it’s hard not to get Sean echoes when you hear about one of our guys getting shot in the lower extremities. Actually very nearly lost it on some clown in the NFL News version of this thread, and I think that was a big part of my rage. 

Ya I remember being on the forum when Taylor had been shot and people cracking jokes because he had been shot in the groin area, then he was dead a few hours later.  Pretty sure the mods removed a lot of the posts afterward. Hard not to get seriously irritated at people cracking jokes at this after going through that.  Its the internet though so what do you expect. 

• Like 3

From a Commanders standpoint, that should guarantee a temporary spot for Patterson or Williams. Maybe both. I was leaning toward keeping 3 RBs to give more room for depth elsewhere, and I think I still am, but that becomes a little trickier when the 3rd member goes from being your bellcow RB1A to being a legit fringy backup. 

Perhaps a fire has been lit under AG, though. Maybe losing that top job and then gaining it back under these circumstances will have him running hard and locking in on the nuances.

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

wow, wonder if they had to remove the bullet(s). Hope no arteries or bones involved, soft tissue would be the best outcome . I sure hope they catch the idiots that did this --cause they'll do it again !

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34481764/washington-commanders-coach-ron-rivera-says-rb-brian-robinson-play-year-being-shot 

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Commanders haven't ruled out running back Brian Robinson's return this season after the rookie was shot twice in his lower body Sunday.

Robinson remained hospitalized Monday, but there's a chance he'll be discharged this afternoon. Robinson posted a story on his Instagram page saying the surgery went well.

22 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

A really great sign if they’re going to release him very soon. 

agree, no arteries or bone involved. ! was worried casue I read one shot hit his hip area. 

Update said he was hit in the butt  (ouch )and lower leg. thankfully no worse.. 

Edited by RSkinGM

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Brian Robinson has been released from the hospital. Great News!

Hopefully he talks to a therapist after all this but thankfully he’s healthy enough to go home and it’s a blessing he is able to get back to doing what he loves. Truely a tough guy and thankfully this wasn’t worse and hopefully he can heal up and get back at some point now that we’ve gotten past the most important aspects of this.

• Like 1

It may seem strange to describe Commanders running back Brian Robinson as “lucky” after he was minding his own business in his car when two carjackers shot him, but the details of the shooting do suggest that luck was on his side.

Although he was struck twice, Robinson appears to have avoided any major injuries that would affect his football career. According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network, a bullet passed through his knee without doing any significant damage to ligaments, tendons or bones.

This is truly a miracle! Angels we’re with him.