2K22: Game 1 @ Arizona Cardinals

onejayhawk

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Trey Smith and McDuffie both with ankles injuries.  Hopefully not too serious 

I think those are the only two that didn’t return after injury 

McDuffie went down when he was chasing AJ Green Iirc. He looked like he was slipping all over and then slipped one more time and just went down. I'm guess that's when it happened. Didn't look bad to me and he had to have made it to the sideline by himself cuz they didn't make a big deal about it

Pacheco is gonna get most of the pub,  but CEH looked really good early.  Nice to see him getting involved in the passing game,  probably in the minority but still believe he’s our most rounded back and toughest to bring down.

Honestly I’m not sure I have many complaints… maybe Hardman not being able to track a ball to save his life,  but he still adds something to the team in a reduced role. 

• Like 2

Went to the game, lots of Chiefs fans in attendance. People next to me were from Topeka, and paid 1000 dollars just to get to phx, not counting ticket prices.

Clyde the Glide looked great out there until the Cardinals tried to clamp down on the run with safeties closer to the LOS, in single high, and lots of blitzing.

but you cant blitz Mahomes, the point total in this game says it all. He eats it alive. Even without Tyreek hes still slinging it all over the field, and thats with a bum wrist. No deep balls completed from what i remember.

Way to many drops by Juju, chalk that up to rustiness. Kelce still got the juice per usual.

very impressed with justin Reid today, and i think well see him kicking kick offs for a little while longer. Added bonus having a safety back there on returns. 

Edited by Chiefer

I'm checking the stats and stories.

• CEH 7 rush, 42 yds, 6.0 yd/att, 3 tgt, 3 rec, 2 TD
  • Pacheco 12 rush, 62 yds, 5.2 yd/att, 1 TD
  • JuJu 8 tgt, 6rec, 79 yds, 2 fumbles
  • MVS 4 tgt, 4 rec, 44 yds
  • Kelce 9 tgt, 8 rec, 121 yds, 1 TD
  • Skyy 1 tgt, 1 rec, 30 yds
  • Hardman 6 tgt, 3 rec, 1 TD
  • Fortson 1 tgt, 1 rec, 1 yd, 1 TD
  • Mahomes 30/39, 77%, 360 yds, 5 TD, 0 Int
  • Chiefs led in 1st downs 33-18 and yards 488 - 284 but lost the turnover battle 1-0

Clyde did almost all his damage early. McKinnon played in the middle and Pacheco mopped up. That sounds like a workable plan. IP has got to scare a tired defense.
Mahomes puts up MVP numbers and connects with 9 different receivers. The breakdown is 14 WR, 10 TE, 6 RB.
Mahomes set a new record for most consecutive completions in a game with 12 straight. The 12th went to Mecole Hardman who also caught the 5th TD pass.
The most electric play of the night went to Skyy Moore. For the most part it was methodical, almost machine-like. 
Sneed, Wharton, and Dunlap had the sacks. Mahomes was not sacked.
Despite Toub naming Hardman the primary PR, Skyy Moore returned 4 out of 5 punts plus a kickoff. 
Five fumbles is not sustainable.

Edited by onejayhawk

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Went to the game, lots of Chiefs fans in attendance. People next to me were from Topeka, and paid 1000 dollars just to get to phx, not counting ticket prices.

Clyde the Glide looked great out there until the Cardinals tried to clamp down on the run with safeties closer to the LOS, in single high, and lots of blitzing.

but you cant blitz Mahomes, the point total in this game says it all. He eats it alive. Even without Tyreek hes still slinging it all over the field, and thats with a bum wrist. No deep balls completed from what i remember.

Way to many drops by Juju, chalk that up to rustiness. Kelce still got the juice per usual.

very impressed with justin Reid today, and i think well see him kicking kick offs for a little while longer. Added bonus having a safety back there on returns. 

Kelce always gets that juice mane. He's bad-day proof