2K22: Game 1 @ Arizona Cardinals

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, Dash said:

So with Kelce at the top what's going to be the pecking order in terms of targets to replace Hill? Or has Mahomes just spread it around this off-season?

All reports are that things are going to just be spread around substantially more. The drop off after Kelce and Hill in past years was enormous. Now it's more of a cluster of pretty good, but not great, targets, from #2 to #6. So I think it's spread around more.

That said, my money would be on Juju to lead the way. After Kelce, of course. I think he's the most likely guy for a full-time role, and I bet he gets a hefty amount of the shallow targets Hill got last year. I think the other guys will be more situational or slow to start. MVS is the clear deep guy. Hardman will take some of his own and Hill's gadget plays, reverses, screens, deep balls, etc. Moore will be mixed in slowly, but I bet he winds up really seeing targets in year two, when Juju moves on.

6 hours ago, Dash said:

So with Kelce at the top what's going to be the pecking order in terms of targets to replace Hill? Or has Mahomes just spread it around this off-season?

Hardman can and does run a lot of Hill's routes. MVS can run Hardman's routes but with more of a tree. The big difference is that JuJu, Skyy, and Watson are enormously better than Robinson, Pringle, and Gordon. One through five the WR room is improved. The development of Fortson, Gray, and Pacheco is also a factor. There are a lot more hands to throw to.

One thing that most people are overlooking or glossing over is that Pat is healthy and synched. Last year he was coming off surgery and an abbreviated offseason. It was well over a month before he settled in. This year he has stayed fit and worked hard on the fundamentals. He brought most of his receivers to his home to get acquainted. It is assumed, and sometimes stated, that Mahomes will take time to get comfortable with having his second ace missing. Anyone who thinks that should consider the MVP season, before Hill had emerged as a go to player. 

18 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

All reports are that things are going to just be spread around substantially more. The drop off after Kelce and Hill in past years was enormous. Now it's more of a cluster of pretty good, but not great, targets, from #2 to #6. So I think it's spread around more.

That said, my money would be on Juju to lead the way. After Kelce, of course. I think he's the most likely guy for a full-time role, and I bet he gets a hefty amount of the shallow targets Hill got last year. I think the other guys will be more situational or slow to start. MVS is the clear deep guy. Hardman will take some of his own and Hill's gadget plays, reverses, screens, deep balls, etc. Moore will be mixed in slowly, but I bet he winds up really seeing targets in year two, when Juju moves on.

13 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Hardman can and does run a lot of Hill's routes. MVS can run Hardman's routes but with more of a tree. The big difference is that JuJu, Skyy, and Watson are enormously better than Robinson, Pringle, and Gordon. One through five the WR room is improved. The development of Fortson, Gray, and Pacheco is also a factor. There are a lot more hands to throw to.

One thing that most people are overlooking or glossing over is that Pat is healthy and synched. Last year he was coming off surgery and an abbreviated offseason. It was well over a month before he settled in. This year he has stayed fit and worked hard on the fundamentals. He brought most of his receivers to his home to get acquainted. It is assumed, and sometimes stated, that Mahomes will take time to get comfortable with having his second ace missing. Anyone who thinks that should consider the MVP season, before Hill had emerged as a go to player. 

Noted. Interested in how fast Moore gets up to speed. Read somewhere that he's being used as a deep threat.

54 minutes ago, Dash said:

Noted. Interested in how fast Moore gets up to speed. Read somewhere that he's being used as a deep threat.

That would be true of most KC WR. The Chiefs do multiple deep routes frequently. It's one reason blitzing is so dangerous. Hardman, MVS, and Moore all have the speed to stretch defenses vertically.

It's worth noting that Tyreek Hill started as a slot WR and continued to play there extensively. Slot is Skyy Moore's primary position. Use in motion, on jet sweeps, or even as a true RB are all likely.