2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I’ll just say it before the game…for me Stroud is #1 on my most overrated prospects…he plays in an excellent scheme with exceptional talent around him and when everything is blocked well and everyone runs the routes correctly he can find mostly wide open (by NFL standards) in time and with accuracy…but as soon as something goes wrong it all falls apart…he doesn’t have enough mobility or even pocket feel to get out of trouble…he doesn’t adjust quickly enough to pressure and going against Georgia if they are smart (and they are) they are going to blitz the life out of him early and show him up for being a Mac Jones type of prospect.

I'm certain everyone has seen the Mac Jones clip where gets shoved into the basement by a DL on an interception, but I heard something that stuck with me on a podcast this week, basically saying that if you're Mac Jones, you missed the one chance to play dirty where you'd get a pass!  Dude is a biter and really wilting under the pressure of playing QB.  I'd give even odds that Fields is still playing when Jiones moves on to a WWE/Congress career. 

8 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I'm certain everyone has seen the Mac Jones clip where gets shoved into the basement by a DL on an interception, but I heard something that stuck with me on a podcast this week, basically saying that if you're Mac Jones, you missed the one chance to play dirty where you'd get a pass!  Dude is a biter and really wilting under the pressure of playing QB.  I'd give even odds that Fields is still playing when Jiones moves on to a WWE/Congress career. 

I wouldn’t compare Stroud to Jones from a personality point of view…Jones is clearly a bit of an ahole…but from a physical limitations point of view and not being able to look as good without the scheme & the talent around him they are similar prospects…Stroud to me is a late 1st-early 2nd type of prospect…not a Top 10.

I know I am an Iowa fan but man watching their defence just makes me see how good we can be next season if we add talent in the right places…ton of similar fundamentally sound scheme rules that just make move the ball difficult against and when you make a mistake your punished…

Also I wish Jack Campbell was a little quicker and could play WILL because he just screams Bears LB.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I know I am an Iowa fan but man watching their defence just makes me see how good we can be next season if we add talent in the right places…ton of similar fundamentally sound scheme rules that just make move the ball difficult against and when you make a mistake your punished…

Also I wish Jack Campbell was a little quicker and could play WILL because he just screams Bears LB.

Agreed. He's got the size to be a damn good SAM though. And if Sanborn goes down he is a pretty good fit as the MIKE too.

Also while his athleticism isn't what I'd like at the WILL, I'd take his lesser athleticism and better talent/toughness there over Morrow if I had to pick between the two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Apologies if he's been discussed here already, but what do you lot think of Jalin Hyatt?  The little bit I've gotten to watch he seems like he's good at pretty much everything you want a WR to be able to do, but "the lists" always have him in the second round or later.  Not the biggest dude but he always seems to be getting it done. 

I like him, and that speed is top tier, but I worry he may be a bit of a one trick pony in the NFL. Mecole Hardman-esque on offense. Useful, but never more than complementary. Does he win at TEN because he’s a talented receiver, or because he’s just faster than everyone else? My worry is the latter, and because that speed is going to be low 4.3s if not faster I don’t think I value him as high as we’d have to take him to get him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I wouldn’t compare Stroud to Jones from a personality point of view…Jones is clearly a bit of an ahole…but from a physical limitations point of view and not being able to look as good without the scheme & the talent around him they are similar prospects…Stroud to me is a late 1st-early 2nd type of prospect…not a Top 10.

Well then we better get that #1 overall pick then, huh??! 

What an outstanding show reel that was for some of these TCU players...Johnston is an obvious one who jumped off the screen but under the radar a little more is that entire TCU OL which dominated what we know to be a big physical Michigan DL...on defence DE Dylan Horton & LB Dee Winters really stood out again as being fast and physical athletes...very impressive overall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

What an outstanding show reel that was for some of these TCU players...Johnston is an obvious one who jumped off the screen but under the radar a little more is that entire TCU OL which dominated what we know to be a big physical Michigan DL...on defence DE Dylan Horton & LB Dee Winters really stood out again as being fast and physical athletes...very impressive overall.

I put Dee Winters in my mock after that game. Same size as Shaq Leonard don't know if his athleticism is the same though.

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I put Dee Winters in my mock after that game. Same size as Shaq Leonard don't know if his athleticism is the same though.

I think he has some of that athleticism but maybe not the same sort of length or instincts which is why Leonard is so good...I like Winters but would still have a few guys ahead of him at this point but if he shows out like that in the Championship game it would be tough to keep him out the top 100.

C.J is showing me more mobility on this drive than he did all season...impressive move to get away from Carter who blew past his blocker and now he gets away from a couple of other interior guys and makes the throw for the TD...

Also Marvin Harrison Jr might win the National Championship on his own hahaha (money is still on Georgia at this point tho haha).