Week 1 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Chicago Bears

J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Lance has difficulties with the short throws it looks like, but good half so far 

He lacks complete control over his arm. If he doesn't fix it, he won't ever be that good. But it's going to be a couple of years before we really know whether or not he develops that. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He lacks complete control over his arm. If he doesn't fix it, he won't ever be that good. But it's going to be a couple of years before we really know whether or not he develops that. 

I wonder if it's him having trouble gripping a wet ball quickly enough to throw it.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

The conditions are going to get WAY worse in the 2nd half. The ball is going to be slippery and I doubt we throw the ball more than a handful times. If we can get a TD or even a FG on the opening drive after halftime, that would be huge. 

Agreed. The wind’s getting pretty strong too so field goals may be hard to come by late too. Gotta put up points. Those first couple drives where Deebo fumbled and Lance got sacked to take them out of FG range may come back to haunt us. It’s all gonna come down to protecting the ball in the second half. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

He needs to go hang out with Jordan Palmer and see if he can help. It’s an option at least and I’ve heard their camp is pretty good

5 minutes ago, Geek said:

I wonder if it's him having trouble gripping a wet ball quickly enough to throw it.

He's just not a natural thrower of the football imo. Never has been. His mechanics have always been a bit clunky and rough. I don't know if he'll smooth that out over the years or not.