Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Just asked this in the scouting thread, but would Malik keep anyone from drafting a QB if we find we love?

EDIT: I thought you said Pickett...lol

To answer your question, I don’t think Malik would keep us from drafting a QB that we happen to love

but man I REALLY want Malik to get a fair shot one day. That arm and athleticism warrant it 

• Like 2

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

To answer your question, I don’t think Malik would keep us from drafting a QB that we happen to love

but man I REALLY want Malik to get a fair shot one day. That arm and athleticism warrant it 

I mean you look a Jordan Love. That was a tiny sample size last night, but damn, time sitting back, can really help guys. 

Jordan Love looked totally different from last year. You can tell how much quicker even in that small stint he was processing things.

Malik may need two years. He seems driven. Things need to slow down for the kid. I like him. I would imagine next preseason we should see a newer Malik.

I don't know if we will be in a position pick wise to get a guy we love. And with our holes on offense, just seems like we have to see Malik out. Unless Malik gets evaluated and just doesn't seem like they think he is that guy. Which probably takes another offseason.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I mean you look a Jordan Love. That was a tiny sample size last night, but damn, time sitting back, can really help guys. 

Jordan Love looked totally different from last year. You can tell how much quicker even in that small stint he was processing things.

Malik may need two years. He seems driven. Things need to slow down for the kid. I like him. I would imagine next preseason we should see a newer Malik.

I don't know if we will be in a position pick wise to get a guy we love. And with our holes on offense, just seems like we have to see Malik out. Unless Malik gets evaluated and just doesn't seem like they think he is that guy. Which probably takes another offseason.

i gotta be honest, i really hope malik gets a shot next year. and i know this isn't how it actually works irl, because tannehill is a proven good quarterback, he's a leader, he's done great things for us and you don't just toss those guys aside like it's nothing. i'd say the overwhelming likelihood is that he's back next year and guaranteed to start again, and for the 2023 tennessee titans only, that's probably the best decision. and i understand that the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town until he starts lol. but man...we just have to rip the bandaid off at some point. we know what tannehill is, we know what he isn't, malik has the tools. i'm so curious about him with a full nfl offseason under his belt.

it'd be really nice if our seeding is somehow locked in by week 18 and we can rest some guys and get him another game. unlikely, but possible.

• Like 2

I'd bet there's a 99+% chance that Tannehill is extended to lower his cap hit and is our QB for the next 2, maybe 3 years.

Malik is putrid. Not just "oh he's inexperienced and needs time", he's downright putrid. It's rare a third round(or later) QB works out period, but when one has this large of a gap to cross to even become an average passer, the chances of it happening are right around 0.

26 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'd bet there's a 99+% chance that Tannehill is extended to lower his cap hit and is our QB for the next 2, maybe 3 years.

Malik is putrid. Not just "oh he's inexperienced and needs time", he's downright putrid. It's rare a third round(or later) QB works out period, but when one has this large of a gap to cross to even become an average passer, the chances of it happening are right around 0.

he's thrown 26 passes over two games playing with, at the time, the worst pass blocking OL and one of the worst WR corps in football. i can rattle off a half dozen rookie QBs who had equally bad or worse individual performances their rookie seasons and ended up being solid-to-good players off the top of my head. obviously the likelihood he pans out is slim because the likelihood any project QB pans out is slim, but your expectations for rookie QBs are flat-out ridiculous if you're ready to close the book on him right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i gotta be honest, i really hope malik gets a shot next year. and i know this isn't how it actually works irl, because tannehill is a proven good quarterback, he's a leader, he's done great things for us and you don't just toss those guys aside like it's nothing. i'd say the overwhelming likelihood is that he's back next year and guaranteed to start again, and for the 2023 tennessee titans only, that's probably the best decision. and i understand that the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town until he starts lol. but man...we just have to rip the bandaid off at some point. we know what tannehill is, we know what he isn't, malik has the tools. i'm so curious about him with a full nfl offseason under his belt.

it'd be really nice if our seeding is somehow locked in by week 18 and we can rest some guys and get him another game. unlikely, but possible.

Part of me is with you. As you said go ahead and rip the bandaid with Tannehill, spend the offseason tweaking the offense around his skill set and talent and let him loose in 2023. Either he shows the potential/proves himself as the QB we can build around for the future or he’s bad enough to put us in position to draft the QB of the future in the 2024 draft.

Then the other part of me is like “Tannehill is that bad and another year on the bench for Willis wouldn’t hurt”.

I guess I’m fine with either option and can see the positives and negatives with whatever we decide.

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

3 to 4 teams in our own conference have guys who are making plays like this. NFL is changing. We gotta find a way to get on board, or elevate in our own way.

Malik can realistically make this play and throw.

It's just a lot of the other throws that are needed that will worry me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Malik can realistically make this play and throw.

It's just a lot of the other throws that are needed that will worry me.

The real basic ones man.. But yes he can make that throw in his sleep lol

IDK I just don't see it with Malik but it's hard to see anything behind this oline lol I give me a open comp between him RT and maybe another rookie? See what happens kinda like the 9ers. They know Jimmy can't put them over the top but are damn good everywhere else is what I see for next year 

We in a weird spot lowkey